Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Integrate Gateway 9.2 with AD FS 3.0 for authentication and authorization

• 1.  Integrate Gateway 9.2 with AD FS 3.0 for authentication and authorization

Posted Jul 11, 2017 02:46 PM

Hi,

I am trying to integrate CA API Gateway 9.2 with ADFS (3.0) for authentication and authorization using REST service.

During the Authentication call I am expecting a SAML token and then I want to pass the token again to ADFS and get the user attributes( as part of authorization call).

Can someone please suggest how to make that happen ?

Note: I tried to follow below link but it is useful only after  the authentication and authorization is made to extract name identifier but my question is on how to do authentication and authorization with ADFS.

Integrate ADFS login form for authentication 

• 2.  Re: Integrate Gateway 9.2 with AD FS 3.0 for authentication and authorization
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 12:33 AM

Hello ishanb ,

The document was written by me. But it's just for ADFS 2.0, I'm not sure if it can work on ADFS 3.0.

For your question "how to do authentication and authorization with ADFS", if my understanding is right, the question is about how to launch the ADFS login form for end user to input username/password.

In ADFS 2.0, you can call its endpoint (/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignon.aspx?LoginToRp=<relying party identifier>) to launch the ADFS login form for authentication.

(my sample policy put sign-in and after sign-in altogether in the same policy, for the sign-in part, you may look at the lines start from line 34)

Regards,

Mark