Service Virtualization

• 1.  Running multiple recorders on the same port

Posted Jan 10, 2018 08:36 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that we can set up multiple recorders on the same VSE using the same inbound port and differentiate them using base path. For example my inbound traffic be like this:

vse-server:8001/service1 ---> myservices.com:8080/service1

vse-server:8001/service2 ---> myservices.com:3080/service2

My VSE server and API server are sitting on two different security zones and I am trying to minimize the number of open ports. Currently, I am using the same process for my deployed virtual services and it works fine (all of them are running on the same port and I have set the base path for them properly).

Thanks for your help.

• 2.  Re: Running multiple recorders on the same port
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2018 09:22 AM

When running deployed services, you can deploy to the same port and differentiate which service receives the message using the base path.

In a recording situation, however, the answer is 'no'. The recorder listens on what amounts to a base path of "/". The recorder takes the incoming URI records it and sends it on to the provider endpoint.

The recorder wizard has no configuration allowing the recorder to accept requests matching a specific base path or URI while ignoring others.

This is one reason the recorder cannot record on a port where a virtual service has already been deployed into VSE.

If possible, can you declare a range of a few ports dedicated for recording only? 

• 3.  Re: Running multiple recorders on the same port

Posted Feb 20, 2018 08:58 AM

Thanks Joel and sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, we made a change to allocate a range of ports for our recorders.