Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui

Posted Jan 23, 2018 12:33 PM

Haii,

Please help my issue, I'm trying to do my own lab using CA PAM 2.8 on my vmware workstation.

I already setting the Network and can ping to the ca pam. but unable to access from web gui.

https://<ip pam server> . trying to telnet port 22,23,443 connection refused. 

Already following the guideline but still can not solve the issue.

any suggestion and help. would be appreciated.

IP Ca PAM

IP CA PAM 2

PING and Telnet

web

CA Privileged Access Management

vanigalla

prira01

and others

• 2.  Re: Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 12:40 PM

Hello, are you sure that netmask and gateway are correct? And did you restart networking after configuring the IP address and gateway?

• 3.  Re: Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui

Posted Jan 23, 2018 06:01 PM

Hai. Thank for replying.

yes. netmask and gateway I think are correct. and of course I do restart the network when it's done after config. 

but still can not solve issue.

• 4.  Re: Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 10:23 PM

Unfortunately we can't take this further, supported environments are VMWare ESX or ESXi, see e.g. https://docops.ca.com/ca-privileged-access-manager/2-8-3/EN/deploying/deploy-the-vmware-ova-template.

• 5.  Re: Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui

Posted Jan 23, 2018 11:15 PM

Hai, 

I've tried to use vmware esxi also. but seems that the issue is still the same .

please help for any suggestion. 

• 6.  Re: Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 09:17 AM

If you have this problem consistently with the same OVA file, then possibly the file is not right. Maybe transferred in ASCII mode. What is the name and exact file size of the OVA file you are using?

• 7.  Re: Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui

Posted Jan 24, 2018 01:27 PM

Can you kindly check the MAC address of CA PAM network adapter whether is it in the following range?

00:50:56:XX:YY:ZZ XX is a valid hexadecimal number between 00 and 3F

• 8.  Re: Unable to access CA PAM 2.8 from web gui
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2018 03:42 AM

Hello Yoga,

Foremost, please refrain from using CA PAM 2.8 if there is no absolute need for it.

Current version of CA PAM is 3.1.1 and you can download the OVA from our Support site.

Nevertheless, please make sure that

- both VMs (PAM and the one running the browser) are connected to the same virtual network

- do not use a NAT network

- right after you loaded the OVA in VMWare you configure its networking properties and select "Restart Networking"

- do not clone or move the VM

- do not change any of the VMs properties

The fact that your test "telnet IP 443" is not returning is indicating that the embedded application server is not started which is expected behaviour if any of the above is not met.