Clarity

• 1.  Display 'Program' name in the project list page

Posted Jan 01, 2018 03:07 AM

CA-PPM Version : 14.3

I have several projects linked to the program and is there anyway, i can see the Program Name in the project list page itself?  I have to navigate to Hierarchy tab and then select 'parents' menu to view the program name.

Same way, i want to see the parent project name for all the sub projects.(instead of Navigate to the project-> Properties->Main sub projects menu)

Currently, I'm thinking of creating a custom attribute and update the program name via Process

Any better idea?

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: Display 'Program' name in the project list page

Posted Jan 01, 2018 07:38 AM

There is no out of the box project or investment attribute that will display the program for you. There is Affiliated project (at least in 15.3), but uses the standard project lookup and would have to be modified to get only programs.
    Another option is a query based portlet. When using that you would not have to fill any custom attribute as the query would do all you need That could give also better performance for the list view, but you would loose the standard buttons and the other tabs..You would also have build the link to project properties..

A custom attribute populated with a process might be the simplest solution.

• 3.  Re: Display 'Program' name in the project list page

Posted Jan 01, 2018 10:28 PM

We use custom portlets to show this data.  

A custom attribute populated by a process will work - just a word of caution, Clarity doesn't prevent a project being a child of more than one parent - you may want to consider how you will handle this.  In our case, we have 'data exceptions' to alert us when this occurs and the PMO then corrects the data.