Rally Software

• 1.  Is there a comprehensive list of field names and operators

Posted Feb 13, 2018 03:51 PM

Is there a comprehensive list of Rally Field names, operators and values? i.e. Project is actually Project.Name in a SQL query. 

• 2.  Re: Is there a comprehensive list of field names and operators
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2018 10:57 AM

I just came across this yesterday while working on queries,  https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/ and General Query Examples | CA Agile Central Help 

• 3.  Re: Is there a comprehensive list of field names and operators

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2018 01:31 PM

Hello Julie,

Wendy is correct that you can use  https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webserviceto access the WSAPI API. You will need to be login to use this. It will give you a list of attributes that can be used on left hand side.

This link will also provide you with further information.

Popular | CA Agile Central Help 

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Christian 

• 4.  RE: Re: Is there a comprehensive list of field names and operators

Posted May 27, 2023 12:49 PM

Could you tell me where can we find the names in the WSAPI doc? I am not able to find it.

• 5.  RE: Is there a comprehensive list of field names and operators

Posted May 27, 2023 12:49 PM

Did you get how to get the name? Please help me if yes

• 6.  RE: Is there a comprehensive list of field names and operators

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2023 01:54 PM

Hi Nipun.

Yes, this is available through the WSAPI docs. To get to the WSAPI docs you need to log into Rally, then make sure you're connected to the workspace you would like to work with, then click the Question Mark icon (left of your avatar), and select: "Rally Web Services API Documentation". 

In the WSAPI docs, first check out the top-left corner and make sure (again) that the workspace is the one you want to work with. The information detailed on that page relates to the workspace you'll see there. If you see an incorrect workspace, then go back to Rally, make sure to connect to the one you need, then refresh the WSAPI page and make certain the workspace is what you need.

The fields and objects belong with a workspace, so if you're looking at the details of another workspace you may get inaccurate info, that's why it's important.

On the left hand side you'll see "Object Model", underneath it you'll see all of Rally's objects. You can click on the object you want, and you'll see both its REST interface (the URLs to use to create, update, delete this object). You'll also see "Child Elements" section coming right after that. Under this section you'll see the list of fields for that object, sorted in an alphabetical order. Below is a screenshot of 'Defect', as an example.

Two more things you should know:
    - Custom fields are all preceded by "c_". So for example a custom field named: "My Field", will have a WSAPI name "c_MyField". You will see all custom fields in this list, all in one group starting with 'c_'.

- The list of fields listed for that object under: "Child Elements" isn't the full list of fields for that object. You should also notice the "Parent Type". The parent type listed for that object is an object that being inherited by your object. For example, you can see Defect inherits from "SchedulableArtifact". This means that the fields, the 'Child Elements' of that parent also belong with your object. In other words, the fields of SchedulableArtifact also belong with Defect.  So.....   to establish the very full and complete list of fields of your object you'll need to explore its own Child Elements as well as click on all the parent types and explore their Child Elements as well.

I hope this helps. Please let us know.
    Sagi