Rally Software

• 1.  Test Set "Test Folder Status" not showing "In Progress" Test Cases

Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:34 AM
      |   view attached

I am starting to use Test Sets and I have found that the "Test Set Status" progress bar at the top does not seem to register Test Cases that are "In Progress".  The bar is solid (100% failing) when it says it is 86% failing. Is there a setting that has to change to make "In Progress" Test Cases show in the "Test Set Status"?    (Please see attached screenshot)

• 2.  Re: Test Set "Test Folder Status" not showing "In Progress" Test Cases

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2017 05:04 PM

Hi Trevor;

The status bar in your screen shot is a cumulative or additive status of all Test Case results for that Test Set. It has nothing to do with the 'state' such as In Progress, it is the Test Case results.  In your example all of the results are failing so the bar is solid red.  What is odd is that the breakdown shows 86% (or 6 out of 7) failing but no other results.  There should be a another result listed there (total of 7 results) for all Test Cases in your Test Set (TS165).  Perhaps there is more information on the lower portion of the page, which your screen shot has cut off.  You may need to open a case with support to further determine why only 86% is showing in the breakdown.

• 3.  Re: Test Set "Test Folder Status" not showing "In Progress" Test Cases

Posted Jun 20, 2017 03:28 AM

Thanks. I'll find out who can open support cases.

• 4.  Re: Test Set "Test Folder Status" not showing "In Progress" Test Cases

Posted Jun 20, 2017 03:58 AM

Hello Trevor,

You should be able to open a Support Case yourself via https://support.ca.com.  You may need to register first.  You may also call 800-225-5224, if you are in the U.S., or locate your local country phone number at the bottom of this page, Contact CA Support - CA Technologies .  They can assist with setting up your profile on support.ca.com or open a case for you as well.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Michael