Test Data Manager

Tech Tip: Portal: ParseError- The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed

• 1.  Tech Tip: Portal: ParseError- The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed

Posted Jan 04, 2018 05:08 PM

I created an RR pair derived object. However, when I go to create the tables I get the following error: 

com.ca.tdm.shredder.extractor.ExtractorException: com.ca.tdm.shredder.extractor.ExtractorException: There was an error when trying to parse the XML File -> C:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\\objects\projects_9355\versions_9356\Elig_Ver\uploadedschema\request\1-req.xml. Error: ParseError at [row,col]:[10,3] Message: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed. 

I check the XML syntax using notepad ++ and it says it is valid. The position it points out is the closing tag of an element. I do not see any issues with the structure of the XML.

To view the cause and resolution of this issue, please go here- https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1889363.html