If I don't have CA API Developer Portal or my internal developer portal, is it possible that I can publish APIs, consume published APIs. Is it possible that I can do all operations which I am able to do in CA API Developer portal using CA API Gateway and Policy Manager only. If it is possible how can we do it?
Yes its possible to use the gateway without the portal.
No, the portals capabilities cant be replicated in just a gateway.
- You would want a test bed for your API’s, right?
- You would want to see what applications have used certain API’s?
- You would probably want an area that developers could register?
- You would probably want those developers to be placed into particular groups so that you can set some SLA’s on?
All of that and more are provided by the portal.
Principal Consultant, CA API Management Presales
Email = Derek.Orr@ca.com<mailto:Derek.Orr@ca.com>
CA API Management Community: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-api-management-community
Have some queries
1. Can end user consume published APIs without application registration?
2. Can registration of application be done directly in CA API
3. Is CA API Developer Portal trial version available?
Thanks & Regards
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore - 560066,Karnataka
Here are my attempt to answer your questions:
Answer: Self registration or access to a publish API would be difficult to accomplish as the exposed API would most likely be available only if you were given access to the API itself. The documentation would need to be provided to you from the API owner. The gateway is really good at securing your API and all your run time decisions.
2. Can registration of application be done directly in CA API Gateway/Policy Manager?
Answer: You have the ability to publish (which I guess could be registering the API) API's on the gateway using the Policy Manager.
Answer: Yes, there is a trial version available. We should get you in contact with our CA APIM team based in India in order to get you the right service when needed.