Layer7 API Management

• 1.  MySQL connects to gateway database

Posted Dec 27, 2016 11:46 PM

Is there any way to connect gateway mysql database using MYSQL product installed in windows?

• 2.  Re: MySQL connects to gateway database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2016 12:02 AM

Hi SoniaMehta ,

On gateway main configure menu, you should be able to select a remote mysql database.

Please refer to product document,

Gateway Configuration Menu (Appliance) - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: MySQL connects to gateway database

Posted Jan 18, 2017 12:29 PM

Yes, I have on numerouse occations connected to the ssg database using MySQL Developer from windows.  You must have an account that is allowed access and checking the mysql user table be sure that you are connected from an allowed hostname as well as user.  Also if you gateways are in a DMZ then you will need to get through your firewall on port 3306.

• 4.  Re: MySQL connects to gateway database

Posted Jan 18, 2017 11:20 PM

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reply.

I am asking for embedded database which we had while installing and configuring gateway.Can we connect to embedded database.If yes can you please help me in detail for this with all the steps required.

• 5.  Re: MySQL connects to gateway database

Posted Jan 19, 2017 12:07 PM

1. Get MySQL Workbench for Windows

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

2. Make sure your network firewall are open on port 3306 from your workstation/jumphost to the gateway database node

3. Make sure you have an account that will allow you access to the database

a. ssh into the gateway

b. run mysql

c. use mysql

d. select user,host from user;

+------------+-------------------------+

| user | host |

| gateway | % |

15 rows in set (0.00 sec)

(With the gateway account password I could use the above user since the allowed host is wildcard.  If you don't have that account password or it is not allowed for any host then you can create a new user and copy the permissions from one of the gateway users that is restriced to your particular nodes.)

4. Open MySQL Workbench and connect to database

a. hostname: your primary database host

b. port 3306

c. username gateway or root (or whatever other user you may have created for this purpose)

d. password (the password for the database user that you are using)

e. default schema: ssg (unless you changed it from the default name during configuration fo your gateway)