Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

Posted Dec 26, 2016 05:19 AM

1. What is the format of the data which is available in HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

2. How to formulate it to the dd:mm:yy hh:mm:ss format.

• 2.  Re: How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 27, 2016 07:39 PM

Hi Gopi,

• The HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE headers gives the time remaining in seconds for the current session to expire (Max time out)
    • You can't change the format.
    • To get this header sent, ensure you have DisableSessionVars = No in the ACO.

For e.g

Let me know if any questions.

Regards,

Ujwol

• 3.  Re: How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

Posted Dec 27, 2016 09:01 PM

In addition to what Ujwol mentioned, in case if you disable the MaxTimeout then the value would not be a "0".

664593296 is what you would get and you may want to put a condition to check if it goes beyond anticipated timeframe and display as "not set" or any meaningful message/format.

Although the format of this source data is not configurable, you have the freedom to convert it to any format you wish when you display it on the web page.

• 4.  Re: How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

Posted Dec 28, 2016 06:05 AM

Thank you Ujwol & Sung Hoon Kim for your reply. Please find the details below

1. We haven't enabled Max Session Timeout

2. We have enabled IdleTimeout only and we have set DisableSessionVars ACO parameter to "No"

3. The value I am getting from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE is something like this "664593296"

Query :1. I have converted this number to minutes and I don't think it is in minutes format or I am missing something here.

I need to know the time in minutes by when the session is going to expire, so that I can take some action in UI accordingly.

Thank you for your help.

• 5.  Re: How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

Posted Dec 28, 2016 06:59 AM

HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE can give you max session time out.

It can NOT give you idle timeout unfortunately.

• 6.  Re: How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

Posted Dec 28, 2016 07:01 AM

Also check out this thread where we discussed this requirement earlier:

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241693010

• 7.  Re: How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

Posted Dec 28, 2016 09:57 AM

Hi Ujwol,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know if there is any other way by any chance to know the Idle timeout value so that we can show an alert before the session expiry.

I hope I have explained the requirement we are working on clearly. Please let me know if I can provide more details.

Thanks,

Gopi.

• 8.  Re: How to get the date from HTTP_SM_TIMETOEXPIRE header

Posted Jan 16, 2017 08:28 PM

Hi Gopi,

Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no other way to identify the idle time out.

Regards,

Ujwol