IDMS

• 1.  Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

Posted Aug 22, 2017 04:59 PM

We are trying to explore products to replicate our IDMS database environment running in zOS.

• 2.  Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:27 PM

Some years ago I worked with IBM Replicator to do replications of IBM DB2 to SQL Server using MQ Series. I remember that the product read the IDMS Journal to do it also if necessary. I don't have details now. May be doing a little search you can find something about.

• 3.  Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

Posted Aug 28, 2017 02:49 PM

Darstran is used by a number of IDMS Sites that I am aware of.

International Software Products - DARSTRAN Replication

Steve Cannon

|  

|  

International Software Products - DARSTRAN Replication

ASI2, ASI2LR, FIRST, FIRSTLR, CA-IDMS, CA IDMS, IDMS, DARS, DARSWIN, DARSTRAN, CA-IDMS Replication, CA IDMS Data...

To: steve cannon <squirecannon@btopenworld.com>

Sent: Monday, 28 August 2017, 18:28

Subject: Re:  - Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

#yiv6111462632 * #yiv6111462632 a #yiv6111462632 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6111462632 #yiv6111462632 h1, #yiv6111462632 h2, #yiv6111462632 h3, #yiv6111462632 h4, #yiv6111462632 h5, #yiv6111462632 h6, #yiv6111462632 p, #yiv6111462632 hr {}#yiv6111462632 .yiv6111462632button td {}

|

CA Communities 

|

Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

reply from fadge03 in CA IDMS IUA EIUA - View the full discussionSome years ago I worked with IBM Replicator to do replications of IBM DB2 to SQL Server using MQ Series. I remember that the product read the IDMS Journal to do it also if necessary. I don't have details now. May be doing a little search you can find something about.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on CA Communities

Please remember to Mark the Correct Answer go to the message on CA Communities

Start a new discussion in CA IDMS IUA EIUA by email or at CA Communities

Following CA IDMS IUA EIUA in these streams: Inbox

You are receiving this email because you are a member of the CA Communities.If you'd like to change your email preferences, click here. If you want your communities account to be deactivated (opt out), please send an email to CustomerPrograms@ca.com.Additionally, if you wish to opt out of all unsolicited commercial communications from CA Technologies, click here. |

|

• 4.  Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

• 5.  Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

Posted Aug 29, 2017 04:10 AM

It has already been mentioned, but I have had a lot of experience using DARSTRAN from ISP for CA-IDMS replication to relational databases and I would recommend exploring this product.  

• 6.  Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

Posted Aug 29, 2017 09:14 AM

Hi Steve,

There is a 3rd party product, tcVISION, that our company provides that supports replication from IDMS.  You can find more information on our web site: Treehouse.com.  We'll be happy to set up a presentation or demo for you.

Thanks,

Kevin Heimbaugh

• 7.  Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

Posted Aug 29, 2017 06:24 PM

Hi,

We at ObjEx have been doing replication for a number of years for some very large clients.  It can be useful, but depending on what you are trying to do for the business, it may not be the most optimal solution.  In addition to replication, we have created a number of solution sets involving IDMS trigger technology and the ability to call and offer web services from with IDMS applications.  Reach out to me at tom.hebert@obj-ex.com if you would like to discuss offline.  It will be worth your time.

Tom Hebert

+1 (480) 788-6601

• 8.  Re: Is there a replication product for CA IDMS DB?

Posted Sep 05, 2017 08:19 AM

There is another 3rd party product that I am aware of and that provides support for replication from IDMS.  For more information about this product that I have in my files reach out to me pierre.vriens at abitmore-scm.com