Service Virtualization

• 1.  how to get reply queue and reply to queue manager name to which Lisa is replying during respond step in logs

Posted Sep 19, 2017 07:37 AM

Hello All,

Can some let me know how we can set up loggings and what need to set up to get reply to queue name and reply to queue manager to which lisa is replying during Respond step.

In latest version 10.1 , nothing I am able to see in inspection view.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: how to get reply queue and reply to queue manager name to which Lisa is replying during respond step in logs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 10:16 AM

Hello Shivam,

Usually, Reply To Queue and Queue Manager details are picked from the header of the Request Message (This will be set by the application posting the message to the queue). The same should be visible in the inspection view in the request details / header. This will also be visible in the meta data of the request in the virtual service image file. 

Try logging the below property values if you want to log them seperately and let us know. 

lisa.vse.replyto.destination

lisa.vse.replyto.queuemanager

Thanks,

Surya.

• 3.  Re: how to get reply queue and reply to queue manager name to which Lisa is replying during respond step in logs

Posted Sep 19, 2017 10:20 PM

Sure will try that. So I have to use these for logging in VSM in respond section in Log section?

• 4.  Re: how to get reply queue and reply to queue manager name to which Lisa is replying during respond step in logs
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2017 09:39 AM

If you really need to see what happens to a MQ message after DevTest has handed it off to the IBM code, you can add the following to the relevant vmoptions file (only for debugging - I would suggest removing as soon as possible afterwards)

-Dcom.ibm.msg.client.commonservices.trace.status=ON

-Dcom.ibm.msg.client.commonservices.trace.outputName=/tmp/mqjms_%PID%.log

-Dcom.ibm.msg.client.commonservices.trace.parameter=TRUE

-Dcom.ibm.msg.client.commonservices.trace.level=8

Change the outputName to a format and location suitable to your environment 

• 5.  Re: how to get reply queue and reply to queue manager name to which Lisa is replying during respond step in logs

Posted Oct 03, 2017 10:37 PM

Hi Surya,

Do we have any list of MQ header properties which we can access from incoming request.

Please let us know if there is any document or may be the list.

thanks

Vinay

• 6.  Re: how to get reply queue and reply to queue manager name to which Lisa is replying during respond step in logs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 11:09 PM

Hello Vinay,

You can reference the MQ header properties in any Websphere MQ header related documentation. Please refer the link below for reference. These properties are set by the MQ system itself.

IBM Knowledge Center 

Thanks,

Surya.