CA Service Management

• 1.  CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Posted Aug 24, 2017 08:59 AM
      |   view attached

SDM 14.1.04 and CABI 4.1 SP5, I've migrated my reports from another 3.1 environment but I am unable to modify the universe attached to each report.  Using TEC1898353 with Admin account in Web Intelligence, the <Change Source> tab under Data Access> Tools> is grayed out.  A right click on the data source in the left panel also produces an error.

Any known reason for this?

thanks

Jeff

• 2.  Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Posted Aug 24, 2017 10:46 AM

Hi Jeff,

Can you share a screenshot of the error that you are getting or the exact content of that error?

Thanks!

Jon

• 3.  Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Posted Aug 24, 2017 01:11 PM
      |   view attached

Here is the screenshot... the universe the report is pointing to does not exist on the new server, so it makes sense that the report does not run. But, I would expect that we should be able to edit the report and assign a new universe.  Here is the error...

>>> Jon_Israel <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> August 24, 2017 10:46 >>>

Jon Israel  replied to the discussion

"Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe"

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/242002302-re-cabi-41-change-report-universe?commentID=242002302&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242002302

• 4.  Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 09:29 AM

Jeff........

What steps did you take to migrate the CABI 3.x content to CABI 4.1?

Did you migrate both the OOTB and any custom/derived Universes and report objects?

• 5.  Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Posted Aug 28, 2017 08:08 AM

Hi Paul... I used Import/Export to create biar of the just the report folders in PROD. I did not include the universes. My reasoning was that since we are migrating from CABI 3.1 on 12.6 to 4.1 on a 14.1.04 schema, I didn't want to overwrite anything and would start with a new derived universe on the 4.1/14.1 environment.  If migrating the universe from old to new is not an issue, then I can start over.

I then copied biar to our new 4.1/14 environment and used the migration utility to import the files.

In the past with 3.1, I was able to move just the files and reconfigure each report to use new universe... but that doesn't seem to be working here.

Should I start over with a biar that includes the universe and folders?

Thanks

Jeff

>>> Paul_Coccimiglio <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> August 25, 2017 09:30 >>>

PAUL COCCIMIGLIO  replied to the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/242002544-re-cabi-41-change-report-universe?commentID=242002544&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242002544

• 6.  Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 10:26 AM

Jeff.........

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, you should redo the import using the CABI 4.1 Upgrade Management Tool (UMT) to migrate the current CABI 3.1 data.

Of course, I presume you are testing this all in a non-PROD environment first

Let me know how it goes.

• 7.  Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Posted Aug 30, 2017 02:29 PM

Hi Paul.  I exported both the CA and derived universes as well as all of the folders and rights associated to them and used the migration tool to import into our DEV 14 environment. All is now working as expected. 

The only question remaining is: since I moved over the CA Service Desk universe from 12.6 (3.1), am I not missing updates from the 14.1 schema?  I had a look at the Incident objects and I don't see anything related to "Heat", so is there a way to update this with 14 tables?

thanks

Jeff

>>> Paul_Coccimiglio <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> August 25, 2017 09:30 >>>

PAUL COCCIMIGLIO  replied to the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/242002544-re-cabi-41-change-report-universe?commentID=242002544&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242002544

• 8.  Re: CABI 4.1 Change Report Universe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 12:12 PM

Jeff........

Here are the steps that we typically recommend in such scenarios:

1.  Using Designer -> Import the 3.x OOTB AND Custom (Derived) universes.

2.  Save the Custom Universe to a location on the CABI server file system
    3.  Run the CABI for SDM config option on the 14.1 ISO
    4.  Via CMC -> Universes -> CA Universes -> verify that CA Service Desk  universe has 14.x version naming associated to it
    5.  Import OOTB (CA Service Desk) Universe using designer
    6.  Close OOTB universe in Designer

7.  Import the Custom Universe via the file system saved from Step#2 above
    8.  File -> Parameters -> Links -> Change Source --> navigate to the location where CA Service Desk (14.1) universe is located
    9.  Save and export the Derived Universe