Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

• 1.  Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Posted Dec 06, 2016 01:38 AM

Hi,

I am getting connection refused error while sending email using "sendEmailStep". Can anyone help me on this.

Do I need to raise firewall request between Microsoft server and LISA server?

Thanks,

Narasimha.

• 2.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2016 02:55 PM

Can you post the stack trace?  From the step itself, do a Send Test Email.

• 3.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Posted Dec 09, 2016 10:27 PM

Hi Marcy,

I have tried sending mail from step itself. I will share stack trace.

• 4.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Posted Dec 12, 2016 02:05 AM

Do I need to define any properties in .properties file to successfully send emails?

• 5.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 05:24 PM

You should not have to define any properties in the .properties file.

You just need to make sure you add an Email Connect Asset and define the mail Server you are going through.

See my example below.  Instead of 127.0.0.0, put in the IP address of your mail Server.

When I ran my Send Email step through ITR I get the below email:

I hope this helps.

• 6.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Posted Dec 13, 2016 05:33 PM

Hi Marcy,

I have entered IP address and other details as shown above but I can't test it in ITR due to firewall issue. So I have deployed my test case in CVS. It has executed successfully but there is no mail triggered. I have checked logs and there is no error. Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Narasimha.

• 7.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 06:17 PM

If you are needing to send emails from CVS, you will have to set up the below properties in local.properties:

# If you use performance monitoring alerts, this is the "from" email address of those alerts.
    lisa.alert.email.emailAddr=<email address>

# And this is the email server we will attempt to route emails with (SMTP server).
    lisa.alert.email.defHosts=<mail server IP address>

You will get an email like this:

You will need to restart the Registry to pick these properties up.

• 8.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Posted Dec 13, 2016 09:58 PM

Hi Marcy,

I have defined properties in local.properties file as mentioned by you and restarted LISA services. Deployed the service to CVS and it has executed successfully without any errors but mail has not been sent.

• 9.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 09:26 AM

Are you supplying am email address on the CVS Deploy dialog as well?

• 10.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Posted Dec 14, 2016 05:18 PM

Hi Marcy,

1. I have created a test case with "SendEmailStep" and have provided IP address, From and To mail ID's, Port number. Deployed the service and during deployment I have given mail ID. I have mentioned Priority as"High, Medium" and none of the options worked.

2. I have deployed the service without supplying email address as I had already mentioned email id's in "SendEmailStep"

As suggested by you I have modified local.properties file also with server and mail ID's(Then restarted registry)

I have verified CVS logs and both tests are executed successfully. But there are no mails triggered.

Thanks,

Narasimha

• 11.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 05:54 PM

I think you should open a CA Support ticket so we can get on a webex and see what is going on.

• 12.  Re: Getting connection refused error while sending emial using "sendEmailStep"

Posted Dec 14, 2016 07:12 PM

Thanks Marcy. I have opened a case.