Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

• 1.  Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 15, 2017 05:49 PM

Hello,

I have a login page directory which consists of html, fcc, js, css and image files and trying to deploy it on SPS 12.52 but getting "page cannot be found" error. But don't see any issue when deploying it on to a webserver.

I have unprotected the realm for login.html and copied the directory on to both /opt/CA/secure-proxy/proxy-engine/examples/siteminderagent/forms and /opt/CA/secure-proxy/proxy-engine/examples/forms locations but there was no luck.

Does the login page directory above always needs to be deployed on a webserver and we cannot use secure proxy server forms directory?

Thank you,

Raja Shravan

• 2.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 16, 2017 03:37 AM

Hello,

Please check the following and let us know if you have further questions

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1977406.html 

Regards,

Julien.

• 3.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 16, 2017 09:28 AM

Hello Julien,

Issue is with calling html login page from proxy. I have already checked your link which is working fine for .fcc login page but not .html login page.

Thank you,

Raja Shravan

• 4.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2017 09:36 AM

Hello,

for html, you have to copy it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\secure-proxy\proxy-engine\examples\siteminderagent\forms folder. Then all images/css should be in /siteminderagent/forms/images

We have in the httpd.conf :

JkUnMount /*/siteminderagent/forms/images/* ajp13
    AliasMatch /*/siteminderagent/forms/images/(.*) "C:/Program Files (x86)/CA/secure-proxy/proxy-engine/examples/siteminderagent/forms/images/$1"

>> Means that we will not invoke the proxy for the files in this directory

Hope it helps,

Julien.

• 5.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 16, 2017 05:56 PM

Okay, Do you know which location can be used to copy .js files corresponding to the same login.html file?

I have checked httpd.conf but could not able to find anything related or maybe I missing something.

Thank you,

Raja Shravan

• 6.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 17, 2017 05:24 AM

Hello,

you would have to put the .js in the folder : C:/Program Files (x86)/CA/secure-proxy/proxy-engine/examples/siteminderagent/forms/images/ and reference them accordingly in your HTML page

Hope it helps,

Julien

• 7.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:56 PM

Hi Raja,

Are you still getting "page cannot be found" error after check the KB that Julien pointed out? If it is, can you check web agent trace log on what path that it complains about?

A bit confuse on your comment:

@@@

Issue is with calling html login page from proxy.

@@@

Do you mean you have no problem to access login.fcc which resided in same folder as login.html?

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 8.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 17, 2017 05:25 PM

Hello Kar Meng,

Do you mean you have no problem to access login.fcc which resided in same folder as login.html?

I have problem calling html login page from SPS, no issues in calling fcc login page. I have enabled trace to see what's going on but in trace log its writing all the html page content.

Basically, I'm trying to accomplish using SPS server for hosting html login pages that would call JS, CSS and IMG files everything sitting on proxy and bypassing central login page server.

Thank you,

Raja Shravan

• 9.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2017 02:37 PM

Raja, Perhaps agent trace and fiddler trace will help you to see what's going wrong.  If you cannot figure out, please open a case with CA Support.

Thanks.

- Vijay

• 10.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2017 07:00 PM

Hi Raja

If you check httpd.conf you will find there are several entries as per : 

JkUnMount /*/siteminderagent/pw/PWStartChange.html ajp13

You will need to do the same for your .html page if you want that served from the apache rather than served through tomcat. 

By default (unless specified in that JkUnmount setting) all requests are passed onto tomcat/ proxy-engine which then handles them via proxyrules.xml.   If you want to serve the .html file locally adding a rule there will exclude it from being passed to tomcat.   And hopefully that fixes your issue. 

Cheers - Mark

----
    Mark O'Donohue
    Snr Principal Support Engineer - Global Customer Success

CA Technologies | 380 St. Kilda Road Level 2 | Melbourne, VIC 3004
    Office: +61 3 9944 6733 | Mark.ODonohue@ca.com

• 11.  Re: Login page deployment on SPS 12.52

Posted Mar 23, 2017 11:28 AM

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, I was able to bypass central login page server for login pages and used proxy server instead by updating httpd.conf as per your and Julien notes.

Thank you,

Raja Shravan