Plex 2E

Expand all | Collapse all

Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

• 1.  Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Oct 31, 2016 02:16 AM

Hello,

I fail to build the WinNTC function that defines dialog message or log message in the action diagram. The pnl file of the WinNTC function is not create.

It failed to read the pnl file in Visual Studio 2013, but the error is not output. The error log is not output, too.

The build of the function succeeds when I change the language of the function of the problem to WinC.
    This problem does not occur in the version until Plex r7.2.

The solution to this problem is necessary because we often display the message in the event viewer of the server.

Does anyone know of a way to successfully build a WinNTC function with dialog message or log message?

Regards,
    Hifumi

• 2.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 10:21 AM

Hi Hifumi,

Some questions:

(1) Is your NT server a local or remote system?

(2) Are you able to build any other WinNTC functions in your model? 

(3) Is the WinNTC function that is failing to build an internal or external function?

(4) Do you have any customization defined for the build process for this type of WinNTC function in your gen & build options?

Thanks,

Stephen

• 3.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Nov 01, 2016 09:04 PM

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for making a comment. I will answer your question.

(1) Is your NT server a local or remote system?

The compilation of the function is local build.

(2) Are you able to build any other WinNTC functions in your model? 

Yes, the WinNTC function without dialog message and log message can build normally.

(3) Is the WinNTC function that is failing to build an internal or external function?

The type of the WinNTC function is external.

(4) Do you have any customization defined for the build process for this type of WinNTC function in your gen & build options?

No, I have not gen & build options customization.

Regards,
    Hifum

• 4.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2016 10:32 AM

What kind of message do you want to write to the Event Viewer log?

• 5.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Nov 04, 2016 02:27 AM

Hi Stephen,

We display the messages that only the server administrator can see in the Event Viewer, depending on the specifications of each user.

Regards,
    Hifum

• 6.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Nov 02, 2016 02:55 PM

The old trick was scope a panel to the function and make the function internal, G&B, then make external again and G&B

this issue has come up from time to time. you will find it is not even if you use a log message but if the log message contains just params or just text, or text and params. Search on the forums this has come up before and began when CA externalised messages for translation purposes Knowledge Base Articles 

• 7.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Nov 04, 2016 02:28 AM

Hi George,

Thank you for making a comment.

I know that a .pnl file created for functions without a panel. This problem is that the .pnl file is not created.
    We can create the .pnl file until Plex r7.2. Probably, I think this is a problem specific to Plex r7.2.1.

Regards,
    Hifum

• 8.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Nov 04, 2016 02:38 AM

My point was add a panel to your function in the model editor. Scope a panel to the function, build see what happens. Then delete the PLEX panel object in the object browser, then G&B...this is just a work around if it is a show stopper for a few functions.

• 9.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Nov 04, 2016 03:09 AM

Hi George,

I added a Plex panel object to the function of the problem and deleted it, but the .pnl file was not created.

Can you create the .pnl file of the WinNTC function by this way in Plex r7.2.1?

By the way, I can create the .pnl file when I change the language of the function(without Plex panel object) to WinC.

Regards,
    Hifum

• 10.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2016 12:50 AM

Hi Hifumi,

The problem is due to project template file - OBWNTPNL.TML (Plex\7.2.1\lib). We have updated the project template file and problem has resolved.

We will be rolling out the updated TML file in upcoming builds. If anyone is facing this problem please drop me an email and we can supply updated TML file.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Plex Team

• 11.  Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Nov 16, 2016 01:01 AM

This problem was solved when I used the new OBWNTPNL.TML file. Thank you!

• 12.  RE: Re: Build failure of the WinNTC function(Plex r7.2.1)

Posted Jun 18, 2021 04:23 AM
    hello
    i have the same problem.
    can i have new OBWNTPNL.TML?
    thanks
    Michela