CA Service Management

• 1.  KD Image Attachment purge error : Unable to archive/purge attmnt:(integer)401968 - referenced by other record(s)

Posted Jun 22, 2017 10:05 PM

I am trying to use the Archive and Purge Rules to delete the knowledge Document Images located in the Image Repositories.

I ran the KD Image attachment rules multiple and keeps getting the same errors.

It keeps giving the above errors even after deleting all the attachment in the Image Repositories and Knowledge Documents.

After emptying Images Repositories, I run KD Image Attachment Archive and Purge Rule.

Using the stdlog I track to the mdb database table and found a exact entries of ids similar to the stdlog.

I would like to check that if deleting these database entries will be OK and solve the errors since I check no tables is depending on mdb_kd_attmnt..

I would like to check does these archive and purge rules help delete the Image Repositories files or do I need delete the Image manually.

• 2.  Re: KD Image Attachment purge error : Unable to archive/purge attmnt:(integer)401968 - referenced by other record(s)
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2017 06:19 AM

Hi Guan Hua Chee,

We never recommend deleting any data from the database directly.  We only support using archive and purge rules.  The references are probably still stored in the database because you deleted the records from the attachments repository, but you have not removed them from the documents themselves.  Thus the link between the document and the attachment images still exist in the database.  You can attempt to delete them, but we do not support that and cannot assist.  The best advice we can give is to make sure you have a full backup of your MDB prior to deleting any records.  If you can, test it in a test system first before attempting to do it in production.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon

• 3.  Re: KD Image Attachment purge error : Unable to archive/purge attmnt:(integer)401968 - referenced by other record(s)

Posted Jun 23, 2017 08:18 PM

Hi Jon,

This it is a test system that I use to try if Repositories files will be Archive and Purge by the rules.

I delete the entries from mdb_kd_attmnt.

Tested by creating a KD and inserting an image and the deleting the images so that it shows unlink in the Attachment Search.

Run all 8 Archive and Purge rules.

Now it did show it in the Archive and Purge History List but it was purge by KD File Attachment rule not KD Image attachment rule.

The stdlog did not show any such errors and the arcpur.log did show the activity and Attachment Search return the correct view that the files is not there.

I went to the actual Attachment folder location but the tested files is still there.

Rerun above step a few times with different Attachment images and it seem the physical files are not deleted off.

Does Archive and Purge History is meant for the database clean up only. It does not work on the physical files.

I trying to solve below scenario where users upload big files and unwanted files that are not link to any KDs and it can be archive or delete off.

Another scenario where I need to archive or delete off all retired KDs along with its attachment files.

As I don't want unwanted files uploaded by users to take up sdm disk spaces.

• 4.  Re: KD Image Attachment purge error : Unable to archive/purge attmnt:(integer)401968 - referenced by other record(s)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 10:29 AM

Guan Hua Chee, can you let us know what "Configuration Object Name" of your rule that failed with the error? Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: KD Image Attachment purge error : Unable to archive/purge attmnt:(integer)401968 - referenced by other record(s)

Posted Jun 26, 2017 05:58 PM

Hi Chi Chen,

The error was caused by KD File Attachment rule configuration Object Name kd file attachment.

• 6.  Re: KD Image Attachment purge error : Unable to archive/purge attmnt:(integer)401968 - referenced by other record(s)

Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:25 AM

Hi Jon,

I think I found my work around for the scenarios.

I seem I need to delete the files in the list attachments before I run the purge so that the physical attachment files do get deleted. 

And run the Archive and Purge.

I have modified the list_attmnt.htmpl Attach To column to be sortable so it makes it slightly easier to view when deleting.

How can I filter all Unlinked values in search attachment node, list_attmnt.htmpl, Attach To, column