Rally Software

• 1.  JIRA Integration is pulling back different REST permissions?

Posted Sep 15, 2014 01:52 PM
    I am using the latest RallyConnectorForJira (4.4.3-131) and stuck on JIRA permissions.  In JIRA, all the permissions show correctly.  The debug output of the log file shows all the right permissions but different names.  I am hitting the OnDemand JIRA and getting permissions like "CREATE_ISSUES and BROWSE_PROJECTS" but I still get the error message immediately after querying the permissions of:

RallyEIF::WRK::JiraRestConnection.initialize - JIRA Missing permission status for BROWSE, CREATE_ISSUE, EDIT_ISSUE, SCHEDULE_ISSUE, ASSIGN_ISSUE, RESOLVE_ISSUE, CLOSE_ISSUE, COMMENT_ISSUE, CREATE_ATTACHMENT

Is the integration coded to a different REST API?  How can I fix this?  I would like to skip that check but I only have an .exe, not the Ruby that it was built from.

• 2.  Re: JIRA Integration is pulling back different REST permissions?

Posted Sep 16, 2014 10:23 AM
    Hi Paul,

We are actively tracking against this issue which was recognized yesterday.  Though investigation is still occuring, the early information is that it appears JIRA may have changed the key names of their permissions that with interact with on their API.  I would at this time suggest you open a case with Rally Support to further track these issues and possibly provide further data points to product engineering.

For more information on opening a support case you can refer to the following KB:

https://rallydev.force.com/answers?id=kA014000000PK1yCAG

Thanks and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Regards,

Cody Pritchard
    Rally Customer Support