Rally Software

• 1.  when defect is deleted

Posted Nov 08, 2016 08:41 PM

Once the defect is deleted, can it be tracked the history of the defect? Or is it all gone for good? Thanks.,

• 2.  Re: when defect is deleted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2016 04:51 AM

Hi Guyen,

if a defect is deleted, it first ends up in the recycle bin. From there it can be permanently deleted or restored (see Recycle Bin | CA Agile Central Help)

If the Defect was connected to a user story/defect suite or scheduled into an iteration/release, you will find that in the revision history of that story/defectsuite/release/iteration. 

Any history of the defect itself (when it was created and by whom etc.) is only contained in the revision history of the defect itself and can only be recovered by restoring the defect itself.

I hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: when defect is deleted

Posted Nov 09, 2016 08:39 PM

Thanks I just found out about recycle now. Got bit more adv. question. If just accidentally delete user story which was defect assigned to it. I restored user story but the defect is nowhere to be seen either with the user story which is recovered or in the recycle bin. Is it also gone for good?

• 4.  Re: when defect is deleted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2016 02:46 AM

When the user story was deleted, the defect would not have been deleted with it. What happens is, that we put the user story into the recycle bin and remove the connection to the defect. On restoring the story the link will not be restored. You can check in the revision history of the user story, which defect it was, so that you can associate it again. You will see an entry like the following in the revision history:

Moved to Recycle Bin, DEFECTS removed [DExxx: Name of defect], DEFECT STATUS changed from [NONE_CLOSED] to [NONE]

To see the Revision history of the story, open the story detail page and then click on the tab "Revisions".

• 5.  Re: when defect is deleted

Posted Nov 10, 2016 06:09 PM

Ok, I see the revision, and entry in the revision listing the defect and can see defect ID. But from this point on, not sure how to proceed with this information. There is no hyperlink or weblink to restore it. It is just plain text information. In the recycle bin, I dont see these defects that are "disconnected".

• 6.  Re: when defect is deleted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 02:50 AM

The Defect is not deleted. You should be able to get to the defect by using Search. Just enter the Defect ID in the search field on the top of the page.