Test Data Manager

• 1.  Masked Subsets for SQL Server Databases

Posted Jul 29, 2016 06:40 PM

Hi, guys!

I have created masked information using batch scripts from GTSubset and Transformation maps with Oracle as DBMS.

It's pretty straight forward generating and using those scripts. Now I've changed my DBMS to SQL Server, and I need to apply transformation maps for some subsets.

Since apparently the options on Subset change among SS and Oracle, I can not figure out how to use these functions. Do you have documentation about creating/using scripts with transformation maps using SQL Server as DBMS?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Masked Subsets for SQL Server Databases
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 01, 2016 04:41 PM

Hi Lino,

I would need some clarification to make sure I understand your question correctly.

In Subset, if we connect to a MSSQL profile, the script generation options we see are different from those we would see for Oracle (For example, "Build MS SQL Server Export/Import", "Build MS SQL Server Direct Insert SQL" and so on). Are you asking for more details on those options?

OR, are there functions in your transformation map that are specific to Oracle, and you would like to know which corresponding functions to use while using MSSQL as a your DBMS?

Thanks,

Sameer

• 3.  Re: Masked Subsets for SQL Server Databases

Posted Aug 02, 2016 01:50 PM

Hi, Sameer_Chandragiri !

Thanks for your response.

The first interpretation is the correct. I need to know how to create export/import scripts with masked functions (scrambled). This for SQLServer.

I was expecting something that looks like Oracle options, but it seems that it's slightly different for SS.

Thanks for your help!

Regards!