DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

UIM and CA Service Desk

• 1.  UIM and CA Service Desk

Posted Aug 02, 2017 10:58 AM

Hi All,

We are at the deployment stage where we would like to have UIM automatically send Alarms to CA Service Desk. Right now the way it is configured the alarms are going to only one queue on the Service Desk side. And people have to manually touch each ticket in that queue to direct the problem to appropriate work group.  Can anyone share with me how they are set up to have the tickets go to multiple various workgroups automatically without human intervention. Where would we go to make these modifications.

TIA

• 2.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 12:06 PM

Here is one option that may help...

If you are able to differentiate alarms that belong to different CA Service Desk Groups, (for example setting one of the custom_# fields), then you can define multiple connection profiles to CA Service Desk.  

In the rules section, define rules to send the alarm to the appropriate CA SDM connection.  Each profile would set the desired Service Desk group.

Hope that helps

• 3.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Posted Aug 22, 2017 11:08 AM

Hi Shawn,

I am sorry, but being new to UIM most of what you said went right over my head.   Is there a document somewhere that describes what you are saying in a more step by step process I can follow?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 11:04 AM

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the late reply

This explanation may help.

In this example, we want all oracle probe alarms to create incidents with the Oracle DBA team in CA Service Desk.

Secondly, we want all net_connect probe alarms to go to the Network and Operations team in CA Service Desk

1- Configure the sdgtw probe.

2- You will have an Available Service Desk for "CA Service Desk Manager"

Configured that for the Oracle Group.

3- Now clone that "CA Service Desk Manager", give the cloned one a new name, in this example "CASDM2".  You could also call it something more intuitive based on the group.

4- Now, on the main "sdgtw" configuration screen, create rules.

The rules allow you to conditionally map an alarm field and value, so that if true, they will go to a certain Service Desk.

For example:

Hope that helps.

• 5.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Posted Aug 24, 2017 11:14 AM

I’ll give it a try, thanks

• 6.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Posted Dec 15, 2017 02:15 PM

Hi Shawn.

do you know how would be the same using the casdgtw probe? I do need to route net_connect alerts to a different queue than the default on my env as well.

thank in advance.

• 7.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 08:32 AM

Hi Danne,

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the casdgtw probe (at least not this level of granularity).

I would recommend pursuing moving to to the "sdgtw" probe anyways. The "sdgtw" probe will be the supported and maintained probe for the integration with CA SDM.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 8.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Posted Dec 21, 2017 12:43 PM

Thanks for reply and confirmation, Shawn. I will plan to deploy the SDGTW probe due to support to our current SD version.

regards.

• 9.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Posted Apr 09, 2018 05:28 AM

Hi Shawn,

how to configure Sdgtw probe for ca service desk 17.0 version.
    dannemca Shawn_Walsh
    UIM and CA Service DeskRegards,

Muhtashim.

• 10.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:22 AM

• 11.  Re: UIM and CA Service Desk

Posted Apr 11, 2018 03:14 AM

thanks bro and how will the alarm get assign by this probe to a user.
    regards.