CA Service Management

• 1.  Catalog Form Textarea format

Posted Jun 09, 2016 09:24 AM

Hi,

I need ability control textarea: size and text direction.

When I open Request form in USS interface textarea field stretches across the screen and I want to control it.

In additional, I have a problem with typing hebrew (ltr) text. It is not enough to set 'ltr' because text runs away (can not see it).

To resolve this problem I think to use CSS. Did someone experience to use CSS in catalog form?

Regards

Shlomo

• 2.  Re: Catalog Form Textarea format

Posted Jun 10, 2016 07:07 PM

This is very similar to my Text Area word wrap issue I reported in about word wrapping in SC 12.9.

From my case ticket:

Thu Sep 17 13:09:00 EDT 2015

I noticed today while using my IE11 with SC 12.9, the Text Area component does not word wrap.  However my coworker using IE8 in the same environment the component does word wrap.

Resolution: I applied patch T5ES155 that support provided me.

Dump from the install text with the patch of the prob/symptom:

PROB #:  1241      FN: T5ES155     DATE:    25 Mar 2015

PROBLEM SYMPTOM: WIN-                                          
                     Long text in text area doesn't wrap in IE11.

We do not use the USS product in my organization and do not have anything beyond English formatting so I so not know if your issue could be related to what I ran into or not but thought I would toss it out there.

Best of luck,

Sky

• 3.  Re: Catalog Form Textarea format

Posted Jun 13, 2016 12:40 PM

Hi

Where can I download this fix?

Regards

• 4.  Re: Catalog Form Textarea format
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 13, 2016 01:22 PM

You will most likely need to submit a support case ticket requesting it but you will want to review with support that meet the criteria of installing the patch by providing them the HIS file of Catalog with the support case.

I do not know if the patch I installed was ever including in any of the IC(incremental patch) or CP(cumulative patch) releases.  My organization is on 12.9 CP2 with a few post CP2 test patches.

Sky Pittman

Presbyterian Healthcare Services

CA Admin & FairWarning Admin

• 5.  Re: Catalog Form Textarea format

Posted Jun 20, 2016 08:32 PM

Hi Shlomobaevsky - Did skypittman 's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!