Test Data Manager

Tech Tip: Using XREF with Fast Data Masker

• 1.  Tech Tip: Using XREF with Fast Data Masker

Posted Jan 09, 2018 02:48 PM

I need to use the XREF masking in a project. I was looking for documentation on the subject, but I can't find any. Do you have any document and script you could send me? I need to replace a user code by a user code that would be generated. 

I need to mask a username, first name and last name in multiple tables in different databases. The masked username, first name and last name are stored in a different database for now but I could bring it back in our scramble database.  I would also generate the new masked data in TDM and they are some rule I need to follow. Also the username is synchronized with our Windows AD groups so what we have must stay the same. 

Example: 
    Username: alvert
    Generated username: pusertft 

First name: Leo 
    Generated first name: puse 

Last name: Robert
    Generated last name: rtft 

Now every time I find « alvert » in a field I need to change it with « pusertft » and I also need to change the first and last name with the generated value. I think the XREF should do what I need to do. 

What is the Connectscramble.txt format and what are the values inside the file and where should the file be? Once the connection is made and that I have setup the XREF table what is the mask type. I didn’t find any XREF function but I found something in HASHLOV. 

I understand that is not recommended but I have no choice because the value that we now have in our system it’s the value that is needed to be put out. 

Example: 
    PROD: Username ALVERT 
    DEV: Masked username : DKW5123 

The DKW5123 exists in our AD group so when a user goes to test he does not have to login we SSO. This is why we need the XREF. If we use FORMATENCRYPT the user can’t connect or we would have to recreate the AD group and it’s not part of our project. The only part missing in your explanation is how to use the XREF in FDM. In the doc it says to use for Param3 : XREF,PERSON_SSN(PERSON_ID). When I replicate it, I get an error. This is the only part missing on how to use it on a field that I need.

To see the answer to this question, please go here- https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1942138.html