Rally Software

• 1.  custom condition grouping: what am I doing wrong?

Posted Oct 20, 2016 05:39 PM

I'm applying a custom condition where I want:

- owner = Loic and Tag = Miami or 10.7

What I did is

- filter on owner = Loic (field 1)

- set a filter on tag = Miami

- set a filter on tag = 10.7

- set the custom filter condition to:      1 and (2 or 3)

The output I am getting (which includes the Owner column) contains two initiatives that Loic does not own (one is from Steve, the other from Siamak).

The tag part of the filter seem to be ok. I see 10.7 and Miami initiatives, some have both, none of none.

• 2.  Re: custom condition grouping: what am I doing wrong?

Posted Oct 21, 2016 12:16 PM

Hey LoicFabro1378395, are you using a custom list app or are you doing this in #bugzilla? If it's the latter, I'd have to defer to more knowledgeable folks. 

• 3.  Re: custom condition grouping: what am I doing wrong?

Posted Oct 24, 2016 11:03 AM

The way the question is phrased would seem to indicate that you're using Advanced Filters on a custom list or similar app. When I tried almost your exact use case I can't reproduce this- I used a pair of tags that I know return multiple stories with multiple owners, then added the Owner filter and got only stories with one or both of the subject tags that were owned by the specified user (see attached screenshot). Assuming you're using a custom list or other app that supports query strings what do you get if you clear all your filters and use the string below?

((Owner.DisplayName = "Loic") AND ((Tags.Name = "Miami") OR (Tags.Name = "10.7")))

If you still don't get the expected results then you may want to open a support case.