Symantec Access Management

• 1.  SiteMinder Super User Password Related

Posted Dec 11, 2017 02:51 AM

Hi All, 

I need to change the superuser password for policy server and version is 12.52sp01cr04. I read that I can do that using smreg -su <password> command.

I just wants to know

1) Where this password gets stored in policy server in case we need to roll it back to old one ??

2) We are using both WAMUI R12.52SP01CR04 & FSS ADMIN UI to connect to policy server so does any change needed in wamui also after the super user password change its using default account to login to admin ui.

An early response would be of gr8 help.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder Super User Password Related
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2017 03:03 AM

Hi ,

Reset the siteminder super user password using below steps

a) Run smreg -su <new password>
    smreg is a tool delivered with policy server binaries. 

b) Open the the Policy Server Management Console.

Click on the Super User tab.
    Enter old password.
    Enter new password and confirmation.

1) Where this password gets stored in policy server in case we need to roll it back to old one ??

It will be stored in the Policy Store.

2) We are using both WAMUI R12.52SP01CR04 & FSS ADMIN UI to connect to policy server so does any change needed in wamui also after the super user password change its using default account to login to admin ui.

Yes you need to use the  "new" password to login to admin ui.

Regards,

Leo Joseph.

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder Super User Password Related

Posted Dec 11, 2017 03:41 AM

Hi Joseph,

Thanks so much for quick response. do we have any link / document which says how we can roll back the password to old value in case it doesn't work out well. We are using Oracle 11g as our policy store. I think taking backup of whole DB doesn't sound to be a good option. Any alternate ?

Thanks,

Sachin

• 4.  Re: SiteMinder Super User Password Related

Posted Dec 11, 2017 07:13 AM

To rollback, can you just not reuse “smreg -su” command giving old password? Based on my experience, I am not aware of this causing any issues.

You could probably just create full xpsexport backup

:

xpsexport xb fullexport.xml -npass