Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Sync API gateway changes between 2 independed clusters 

Posted Jul 05, 2017 06:39 AM

We plan to build-up a second cluster of the API gateway.
    The prevent inconsistency between the 2 clusters, we need a way to keep the content (policies, configurations, cluster wide properties, global resources, ...) in sync.
    One cluster will be the "master" and all changes are made there.
    Is there a way to keep the clusters in sync in real-time ?
    It is also required to have the same goid's in the mysql database.

A futher requirement is to have the sync also active if one cluster is on version 9.x and the other is on 8.3.
    I already gambled around with the GatewayMigrationUtility but had no success:
    https://communities.ca.com/thread/241777023-gatewaymigrationutilitysh-migrateout-data-access-error#comment-241977356 

Currently I have 2 clusters on the same version (8.3) and I just load the db backup every evening to the inactive cluster.
    But I guess this will not work as soon we have different gateway versions running on the clusters.

Any ideas ?

• 2.  Re: Sync API gateway changes between 2 independed clusters 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 06:58 PM

Good afternoon,

We are reviewing old community posts and noted that a response had not been created for this post. A support case had also been opened up for this request and the recommendation to open an Idea in our community was put forward. 

I've created a new Idea to reflect this ask: Synchronize 2 Gateway clusters so please look at the Idea and provide any other information that you feel will help with the use case and vote it up.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support