Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA API Gateway is not starting

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  CA API Gateway is not starting

Posted 11-27-2017 10:55 AM

CA API Gateway is not starting and ssg logs are reporting this error: "com.l7tech.server.boot.GatewayBoot: WARNING: No database connections open after 30 seconds; possible DB connection failure?".

There is enough disk space on the appliance, should I just start mysql service first? Please advise.

Thanks,

jo

• 2.  Re: CA API Gateway is not starting

Posted 11-27-2017 12:05 PM

There are several reasons that can cause this error:

1) DNS issues with connecting to or resolving the hostname connecting as they relate to grants

2) Grants not properly setup. Run the command to see if all the hosts are setup and that a % wildcard exist along with the password hash aligning: mysql -e "select host,user,password from mysql.user"

3) Firewall blocking access from the processing node to the database

• 3.  Re: CA API Gateway is not starting

Posted 11-27-2017 12:06 PM

Also check disk space, it could be possible you are ran out of disk space for MYSQL DB.

• 4.  Re: CA API Gateway is not starting

Posted 11-27-2017 12:13 PM

Hi Abbas,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

1) DNS issues with connecting to or resolving the hostname connecting as they relate to grants

[Jo] There are no DNS issues, nslookup returns the right value.

2) Grants not properly setup. Run the command to see if all the hosts are setup and that a % wildcard exist along with the password hash aligning: mysql -e "select host,user,password from mysql.user"

[Jo] when I run mysql command , it gives me below error:I think mysql service is down.

"ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"

3) Firewall blocking access from the processing node to the database

[Jo] mysql is native to ca api gateway appliance.

Also check disk space, it could be possible you are ran out of disk space for MYSQL DB

[Jo] there is 95GB available space.

Just to give you some background, VM has gone down due to some network issues 2 days ago .

The appliance is rebooted after fixing the network team resolved their issues and since then we are facing these errors.

I'm thinking to manually start mysql service using below command, is it recommended to start mysql separately or simple appliance reboot should fix all issues.

/etc/init.d/mysql start

Thanks,
    Jo

• 5.  Re: CA API Gateway is not starting
    Best Answer

Posted 11-27-2017 01:43 PM

Please start the service and then try that command again please.

• 6.  Re: CA API Gateway is not starting

Posted 11-29-2017 02:32 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to touch base and find out if you found the information provided helpful, if so please mark it answered. Otherwise please let me know if I can further help here.