Clarity

• 1.  SOAP call resulting in handshake_failure error

Posted Jun 07, 2016 10:15 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to call a SOAP endpoint (SSL enabled) via GEL script custom action but I'm receiving the following error from the <soap:invoke> output in GEL:

org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: null:13:95 <soap:invoke> Failed to send a SOAP message generated to '[SERVER_ENDPOINT]'. Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

I'm having trouble trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the error, so I'm hoping someone could provide me with any ideas on tests I could run to determine the cause of the problem.

• 2.  Re: SOAP call resulting in handshake_failure error

Posted Jun 07, 2016 11:23 AM

My guess would be:

An incompatible cipher suites or SSL versions between the JVM running GEL and the Endpoint.   Another  possibility is that GEL doesn’t have a trust path to the server’s certificate.

V/r,

Gene

• 3.  Re: SOAP call resulting in handshake_failure error

Posted Jun 10, 2016 01:08 PM

Hello Gene,

Where can I check which cipher suites and SSL versions are compatible with CA PPM?

I had a problem with the trust path prior to this one and managed to install the correct certificate into the application, so I think that's not the problem anymore

Regards,

Bruno

• 4.  Re: SOAP call resulting in handshake_failure error

Posted Jun 13, 2016 05:44 PM

So if they have been defined, you should be able to see them in the server.xml file for the tomcat instance that is running the application.

V/r,

Gene

• 5.  Re: SOAP call resulting in handshake_failure error

Posted Jun 14, 2016 05:16 PM

I'll have access to the server tomorrow, and will try checking the server.xml to see if I can find any info.

• 6.  Re: SOAP call resulting in handshake_failure error

Posted Jun 10, 2016 01:02 PM

Hi Bruno - Did Gene's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 7.  Re: SOAP call resulting in handshake_failure error

Posted Jun 10, 2016 01:09 PM

Hi Chris,

I had no time to check the answers until now, but I just replied to Gene's answer.