Clarity

• 1.  Clarity 14.2 issues with IE 11 post SSO

Posted Jul 24, 2016 02:09 AM

Hi,

We are on-demand and have integrated PROD with SSO and are able to access Clarity from IDP URL (SSO URL) from all browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) except IE11.

Surprisingly, it worked well for Test and Dev but we get routed to on-demand page/ or get Internal Server Error from IE11 on Prod.

I also would point out that we ran into issues with IE when we upgraded from 13.2 to 14.2. That time also testing on DEV and Test revealed no issues on IE but when prod was upgraded, users started getting blank screens, no log in button on IE. Same users tested dev & test for upgrade (nothing changed on system settings/ network settings) and same users tested the SSO integration now and did not get issues in Dev/ Test but are getting issues in prod.

Anyone faced similar issues?

Thanks,

Ashmi

• 2.  Re: Clarity 14.2 issues with IE 11 post SSO

Posted Jul 29, 2016 07:59 AM

When we had initial issues with IE 11, it was due to the compatibility mode setting. Once we put it in compatibility mode, things worked fine. That may not resolve all your issues, but I know it helped our blank screen issues (assuming it is not a cache issue and cache has been cleared).

We had to update our internal group policy to be set as compatible with our domain for IE11. I am sure I am not saying that right, but the point is our group policy needed to be updated so that end users did not have to continue to set the compatibility mode.

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Clarity 14.2 issues with IE 11 post SSO

Posted Aug 04, 2016 01:22 AM

Thanks Lynn I will check switching IE to compatibility mode. We rolled back so I cant really check till we integrate prod again. But strangely same IE browser with same settings worked for dev and test. Its only prod where we hit the issue.

• 4.  Re: Clarity 14.2 issues with IE 11 post SSO

Posted Aug 01, 2016 03:43 PM

Hi ashmi_ashma - Did vtleogal2's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Clarity 14.2 issues with IE 11 post SSO

Posted Feb 17, 2017 07:34 AM

Hi ashmi_ashma

Please try the following steps and let me know if that is helpful: 

1. Open IE v11

2. Press Alt on your keyboard, this will enable the Tool bar for IE v11

3. Click on ‘Tools’ and then ‘Internet Options’

4. Click ‘Delete’ as shown above

5. Uncheck the option 'Preserve Favorites website data'

6. Open new instance of IE browser and access the CA PPM URL.

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar