Service Virtualization

• 1.  how we can check value in the variables

Posted Apr 27, 2017 08:07 AM

Hello All,

I want to know one thing, I am seeing these below kind of varibales in Lisa, how I can check what is value to this and how this is constructed.

{{lisa.vse.mq.replyto.qmanager.respond}} or {{LISA_PROJ_ROOT}}
    Can any one help in this , asap?
    thanks..
    Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: how we can check value in the variables

Posted Apr 27, 2017 09:03 AM

These items are called properties. {{LISA_PROJ_ROOT}} refers to the fully qualified path of the LISA project directory. The value of this property is available permanently. {{lisa.vse.mq.replyto.qmanager.respond}} is set by some step in a test case or in a VSM and is available only during lifetime of the test case or VSM. See DevTest Properties for more details and mays and means to retrieve their content (values). 

• 3.  Re: how we can check value in the variables

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2017 12:22 PM

Run the VSM in the ITR  and you should be able to see  the values in the Properties TAB.  

hope this helps

Thanks

Shiney.  

• 4.  Re: how we can check value in the variables
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2017 12:01 PM

These are Devtest System properties and can be use anywhere like application test case or VSM. There are multiple ways we can store and check this value. for example use Output Log Message step under utilities -this will write properties values on screen for you. you can see it during execution or post execution depending on how you running. Alternatively you can store in file as well. 

Please Refer - Common Properties and Environment Variables - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps !

Thanks, 

Rajesh k Singh