Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA SSO : What is the use/advantage of Agent Id feature?

Posted Jul 11, 2016 06:32 AM

Hi,

I would like to know in detail about the the reason behind introducing the Agent Id feature in R12.5.

Can anyone please explain the use/advantage of Agent Id feature?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dhilip

• 2.  Re: CA SSO : What is the use/advantage of Agent Id feature?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2016 02:28 PM

The Agent ID was added to support the new feature added to R12.r Called Agent Discovery for more info on this feature please see documentation

Agent Discovery - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 3.  Re: CA SSO : What is the use/advantage of Agent Id feature?

Posted Jul 11, 2016 04:26 PM

Dhi1ip

An added note, The feature was introduced in earlier releases R12.5x. However gets enabled by default and there is no way to disable this in older versions.

E.g. I am dealing with an issue in R12.52 CR01 with regards to Agent Discovery and there was no way to disable the feature unless we upgrade to R12.52 SP1 CR04 or CR05.

In recent release the value defaults to "1-Auto Discover".

I've added a note, just now in Documentation (above link) to include the version in which disable was introduced.

Regards

Hubert

• 4.  Re: CA SSO : What is the use/advantage of Agent Id feature?

Posted Jul 14, 2016 08:48 AM

Hi Hubert and Stephen,

Thanks for your response.

Have few more questions,

1) Will the 'Agent Discovery' feature use the 'Agent ID' to find the Agent Instance and display it on the Admin console?

2) When this Agent ID file is getting created and with what value it gets populated? Will the value be encrypted, if yes how to decrypt it?

3) Will the ip address be stored in the TrustedHost Object along with the hostname?

Regards,

Dhilip

• 5.  Re: CA SSO : What is the use/advantage of Agent Id feature?

Posted Jul 18, 2016 05:24 AM

Hi,

May I get response for my above questions?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dhilip

• 6.  Re: CA SSO : What is the use/advantage of Agent Id feature?

Posted Jul 18, 2016 11:23 AM

1) Will the 'Agent Discovery' feature use the 'Agent ID' to find the Agent Instance and display it on the Admin console?

[HUBERTs Views] Yes it does.

2) When this Agent ID file is getting created and with what value it gets populated? Will the value be encrypted, if yes how to decrypt it?

[HUBERTs Views] I think it gets generated during WebAgent configuration process. There is no way to decrypt it.

3) Will the ip address be stored in the TrustedHost Object along with the hostname?

[HUBERTs Views] Yes it does store a lot of key information, I'd assume IP to be one of them.