DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How do we generate high availability reports for a specified group on UIM?

Posted Sep 26, 2017 09:41 AM

I have a requirement to generate server high availability reports. It has came to my attention that the only way to generate this report is through the SLA view, however my problem with the SLA view is that it only exports in PDF instead of csv format. The customer would like to have the high availability view in csv format.

• 2.  Re: How do we generate high availability reports for a specified group on UIM?

Posted Sep 26, 2017 06:56 PM

What type of availability are you looking for? Robots only, ping, etc? Once we know that, we can provide the correct solution. 

• 3.  Re: How do we generate high availability reports for a specified group on UIM?

Posted Sep 27, 2017 04:26 AM

Hi Bryan, I want to compare the server(node) up-time verses downtime.

So we have different server groups within the environment i.e Microsoft and AIX servers etc.

We would like to see all the up times verses the downtimes of Microsoft servers.

• 4.  Re: How do we generate high availability reports for a specified group on UIM?

Posted Sep 27, 2017 09:12 AM

If you are using MSSQL, please try this query. If the output is something you like, I can adjust it to add the Windows/AIX groupings.

This query will detect the UIM detected robot downtime for the past 30 days.

SELECT robot, 0 as  downtime, 0 as offline_count, 100.00 as percentage from CM_NIMBUS_ROBOT WHERE robot NOT IN (select distinct robot from NAS_TRANSACTION_SUMMARY where sid='1.2.2'
    AND created BETWEEN DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETDATE())-1, 0)  AND  DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, -1, GETDATE())-1, -1) )
    UNION
    select robot, SUM(DATEDIFF(MINUTE, created, time)) as downtime_minutes, count(*) as down_instances,
    CONVERT(DECIMAL(10,2), (DATEDIFF(MINUTE, DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETDATE())-1, 0),DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, -1, GETDATE())-1, -1)) - SUM(DATEDIFF(MINUTE, created, time)))
    *100/CONVERT(DECIMAL(10,2), DATEDIFF(MINUTE, DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETDATE())-1, 0),DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, -1, GETDATE())-1, -1)))) as percentage
    from NAS_TRANSACTION_SUMMARY
    where sid='1.2.2' AND created BETWEEN DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETDATE())-1, 0) AND DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, -1, GETDATE())-1, -1)
    GROUP BY robot order by percentage

• 5.  Re: How do we generate high availability reports for a specified group on UIM?

Posted Oct 04, 2018 12:10 PM

Hi Bryan,

I liked this report and thank you very much. However i have some questions , Would you please help me on getting the answers ?

1) What is offline count and how it calculated ?

2) Is downtime measured in minutes for 30 days ? How it is calculated ?

3) Can you please let em know how to add hub column also in this query to get the list of hubs as well ? 

Thanks,

Nikhil

• 6.  Re: How do we generate high availability reports for a specified group on UIM?

Posted Sep 28, 2017 05:11 AM

Thanks Bryan,

That query will come in handy, however the customer is not as technical as I am.

He wants to run the report using the GUI and he does not have backend access.

I found another way to create the report, using the Summary Dashboard view.

On the view, I am able to see different server groups and see metrics according to deployed probes.

The cdm probe has computer uptime qos, however the metrics are displayed in seconds instead of hours.

This is a great view to have, however the customer does not want to see the graphs. He is more interested in seeing the values.

• 7.  Re: How do we generate high availability reports for a specified group on UIM?

Posted Sep 28, 2017 06:52 AM

I just ran that query and received results, that is the view that I want.

I could use this as a work around  for now, I however do have a couple of questions regarding the query.

How do you include the Windows Server groups to the query?

Also how do you adjust the times on the query?

Let's say if I wanted to fetch data from the 18/08/17 to present.