Clarity

• 1.  Jaspersoft Report Copy - Input Control Order

Posted May 12, 2016 02:09 PM

Is there a way to copy Input Controls from one Jaspersoft report to another while keeping the order of the controls. I am trying to duplicate a report and then make changes to it. The order of the copied input control is different than the original. Is recreating the controls the only option?

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Report Copy - Input Control Order
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2016 02:31 PM

Hi Smitha,

Copying a report in Jaspersoft should not normally change the order in the Input controls, it should create an exact copy of the report. Could you please confirm what your exact PPM version is and which report you are trying to copy and how? If you specify those details, I can test this and see if I have any issue with the order. Please let me know.

Thanks -Nika

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Report Copy - Input Control Order

Posted May 26, 2016 01:06 PM

Thanks for the reply Nika. Sorry for the delay in getting back. We are on 14.2. I think this seems to work fine when copy pasting from the Advance Reporting area of CA PPM. Initially I was trying to use Jaspersoft studio to do this, and however we did via studio, the input order got changed.

Thanks again!

Smitha

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Report Copy - Input Control Order

Posted May 26, 2016 01:32 PM

Nika,

I do have a follow-up question, what is the best method to copy an OOTB report and then make changes to it. I would like to eliminate using the jaspersoft studio for publish as much as possible as this is painstakingly slow. I would like to give the report a different ID. If I copy the report to my desired folder with Advances Reporting, it gives it the same ID. how can I modify the ID of the copied report.

Smitha

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Report Copy - Input Control Order

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2016 05:15 PM

Hi Smitha,

The best way to copy the report and give it a different ID is by getting the jrxml and creating it from this file.
    You're correct, our best practice is not to use the same ID when copying the reports as this will create a confusion which report is OOTB and which one is not. If you simply do copy/paste in Jaspersoft console, the report will have the same ID and you will only be able to modify the name.

To avoid any confusion and follow our recommended ways, please check out:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/reporting/jaspersoft-studio-report-development/create-and-publish-jaspersoft-studio-reports
    Section Create a Report with Sub Reports

It shows how to copy a report with sub reports and post to another environment, but these exact steps should are recommended to be used to copy a report and give it a different ID.

Please try it and let me know for any more questions.

Kind Regards -Nika