Test Data Manager

• 1.  Test Data Manager and Release Automation integration

Posted May 17, 2016 08:43 AM

Hi All, I have a question about Test Data Manager and Release Automation integration: is there a way to make them work together?

I mean, would it be possible for RA to "trigger" some sort of action in TDM (a Javelin flow via REST calls maybe?) in order to inject test data into a test database as soon as RA has completed a deployment plan?

I found no infos about this in the documentation so I was wondering whether this feature is yet to be implemented in future releases.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Test Data Manager and Release Automation integration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Hi,

We are currently working on a Release Automation action pack for automating TDM,  Do you have any ideas about what you would like to see in this type of action pack?

Regards

Keith

• 3.  Re: Test Data Manager and Release Automation integration

Posted May 23, 2016 05:15 AM

Hi Keith,

sorry for the late reply.

As for the  useful actions to be implemented, I think  the chance to invoke (from RA) a specific Database version deployment managed/stored within TDM Repository  would be a nice addition.

In such way, one could couple a to-be-tested SW release (coming from RA deployment paln) with a matching DB version ( in terms of DB structures and data) prepared in advance in TDM.

As other collegues of mine are experimenting with RA and TDM in different projects, I am collecting their thoughts on this as well.

Whether any other suggestions/ideas about specific actions might emerge, I will let you know.

Thanks and Regards,

Fabio