Clarity

• 1.  Convert an Idea to Project but have Financial Status Default to Open?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:42 AM

Is it possible to convert an existing Idea to a Project, but have the Project Default to Open? The issue is that we need to select "Copy Financial Properties and Financial Plans", but in 14.3 you cannot edit the Financial Status on Ideas(it will always be set to Hold). In the current setup if you convert and select the copy financials you will ALWAYS have a project set to on hold to start.

Can this be done at all? 

• 2.  Re: Convert an Idea to Project but have Financial Status Default to Open?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 10:06 AM

Have you tried defaulting the Financial Status (on Project) to Open?

NJ

• 3.  Re: Convert an Idea to Project but have Financial Status Default to Open?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 11:26 AM

Yes, but due to the check on the convert it doesn't matter.

• 4.  Re: Convert an Idea to Project but have Financial Status Default to Open?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 11:39 AM

What about firing a process to financially open the project on creation?

NJ

• 5.  Re: Convert an Idea to Project but have Financial Status Default to Open?

Posted Apr 28, 2017 12:19 AM

Hi Tony, have you tried doing this through setting up a template with this defaulted to being Open and then on the Idea conversion selecting the investment type as being project from template. 

• 6.  Re: Convert an Idea to Project but have Financial Status Default to Open?

Posted Nov 10, 2017 08:16 AM

Hi All,

We are facing a similar issue. We need to convert ideas to projects but have the financial status set to 'open'.

I have tried all of the methods stated above but have not been able to achieve the desired results.

I tried Christopher Yardin's solution as well. What is happening on my system is that the field is still set to 'Hold' but is editable now.

Financial status on the project created from an idea using 'project from template' option:

Financial status on the template:

Appreciate any help on the same.

Thanks  in advance,

Meenakshi V