1. Does CA Directory store the Parent DN value of the account just like AD has the Distinguished Name?
2. Is there a way we can save the Parent DN value in an attribute? If so, how?
3. Is there a query to filter users from a particular OU?
for Ex: I would want to restrict all the users from OU=NJ-test but want all the users from ou=users,ou=carlstadt,ou=idm,ou=nj-test,ou=carlstadt,ou=corporate,dc=coach,dc=com
1. CA Directory doesn't store the parent DN or full DN with the entry (aka entryDN).
2. The only way to do this would be to create a new attribute for this purpose and maintain it via an LDAP client
3. LDAP search requests typically contain 3 pieces of information, search base, scope & filter.
For example, if you wished return all the users for the DN in your example, you could:
ldapsearch -h hostname:port -b "ou=users,ou=carlstadt,ou=idm,ou=nj-test,ou=carlstadt,ou=corporate,dc=coach,dc=com" -s sub "(uid=*)"