Rally Software

• 1.  create query to find all TF and TC under 1 parent TF

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:01 PM

I would like to create a CUSTOM LIST (FORMERLY CUSTOM GRID). I have one that show all of my TC's in a folder but we also have a Test Folder with multiple sub folders and multiple TC's in each folder. 

I can also create a CUSTOM LIST (FORMERLY CUSTOM GRID) that pulls all TF and TC from a specific project but then I can't filter on specific folders. 

so basically I would like to create a CUSTOM LIST (FORMERLY CUSTOM GRID) that pulls all the subfolders and TC.

• 2.  Re: create query to find all TF and TC under 1 parent TF

Posted Feb 28, 2017 05:21 PM

Hi Richard,

To create a Custom List for Test Cases where all Test Cases for one Test Folder, including child Test Folders show, try the following:

1. From the Custom List app, select Advanced Filters

2. Create a new field for each Test Folder ( Both parent and children) and select = operator with the value of each Test Folder.

3. Now change the Match Filters to 'Any'.

Let me know if that helps,

Sean Davis

• 3.  Re: create query to find all TF and TC under 1 parent TF

Posted Mar 01, 2017 08:19 AM

Sean's answer definitely works if you know the Formatted IDs of the parent folder and all of its children, but if you already know that then you could probably answer your question just using the Quality >> Test Plan page.

If I understand the question correctly what you'd really like to do is to query the TestFolder object and show all child folders and their test cases. Unfortunately the TestFolder object isn't one of the types available in the Custom List app. You can get the first two layers of your folder hierarchy (top level folder and its test cases plus the immediate child folders of the top level and their test cases) using a query string like:

((TestFolder.FormattedID = "TF1") OR (TestFolder.Parent.FormattedID = "TF1"))

There's no way in the UI to get beyond the parent folder level to grandparents, great-grandparents etc. so if your folder hierarchies are more than two levels deep then you'd need to do something custom against the WSAPI. Wish I had a better answer for you but if this is just a one-off query then you could definitely get your results using Sean's method. Hope that helps.