Rally Software

• 1.  Completed Date field in Custom List app's Show Columns

Posted Jul 16, 2015 04:27 PM
    Is there a Completed Date field available in the Custom List app's Show Columns? I see Accepted Date, Creation Date, and In Progress Date, but not Completion Date. I'm trying to figure out how much time our stories spend in each state.

• 2.  Re: Completed Date field in Custom List app's Show Columns

Posted Jul 21, 2015 08:36 AM
    Hi Mary Jo,
    Completed Date as an option doesn't exist as a viewable option, but it's tracked internally by Rally and not exposed; the only choice may be to use a Custom Field to set the field manually each time, but I don't see the value of it. One other option might be to write a custom app that'll give you the state-change (cycle time) report, which WILL contain the info you need. Try this maybe?
    https://github.com/wrackzone/cycle-time-by-state
    It's a hackathon app, so not supported.
    Sesh

• 3.  Re: Completed Date field in Custom List app's Show Columns

Posted Jul 27, 2015 02:59 PM
    Comment/Question: Is there any intention in making the Completed date at least an exposed or viewable/queryable field in the future? My team is also trying to use this field to calculate how much time it takes between In Progress State and Completed. Besides the unsupported app that you mention or the inefficient manual method, is there any other way to obtain this value for calculations?