Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Dynamic Routing Strategy

Posted Apr 05, 2017 10:30 AM

The existing documentation about Dynamic Routing Strategy is not clear for me. Is it possible to provide a full example policy?

Furthermore, it's not clear to me if such a strategy is per service/policy or globally available for all policies?

Thanks for your support....

• 2.  Re: Dynamic Routing Strategy
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2017 03:43 PM
      |   view attached

Good afternoon,

The example I've posted will use a JDBC query to pull from the local ssg database for any cluster wide properties with server at the beginning to then create a list that will be added to the end of www. for the routing assertion. Based on the response from the backend will determine how future passes occur. The JDBC query can be switched out to a HTTP call to another central server with a list of servers or LB API.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Dynamic Routing Strategy

Posted May 02, 2017 10:49 AM

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for you example, it helped a lot! Two questions:

- Can you explain a bit more what the two route and the properties in the "Create Routing Strategy" Assertion mean? I understand the first item is a multivalued variable that contains the existing endpoints, but what is the second item ("invalid") for? And what about the properties {GROUP=A} and {GROUP=B}

- How Long does it take until a disabled endpoint is taken into the Routing strategy again once he's up and enabled again?

Thank you and regards,

Peter