DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Siteminder Policy Server Health Metrics

Posted Mar 07, 2017 08:50 AM

Hello

I installed the CA APM Agent for Siteminder policy server and I see that into the health metrics are missing all the percentage metrics.

For example in the following picture is missing the "Percentage Length in use".

Does someone has a suggestion? Is there a javascript calculator to  calculate them?

Thanks

Antonello Chiaravalle

• 2.  Re: Siteminder Policy Server Health Metrics

• 3.  Re: Siteminder Policy Server Health Metrics

Posted Mar 07, 2017 12:16 PM

Hi Hal,

I checked the agent logs but I don't see messages about these metrics .

Looking at the type of missing metrics, it seems not an agent problem, but related, for example to a missing calculator scripts .

The Percentage Metrics could be calculated metrics based on metrics that agent already sent to APM.

Anyway when I installed the manager component for  CA APM for SSO I see only a management module (.jar) but not calculator script.

Regards

Antonello

• 4.  Re: Siteminder Policy Server Health Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 12:30 PM

Dear Antonello:

Thank for the update. Best bet if David's suggestion does not help would be to open a case and refer to this Community thread. Feel free to add any update to help other customers.

• 5.  Re: Siteminder Policy Server Health Metrics
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 12:30 PM

HI Antonello,

The manager module package also has SMM_EMExt.jar which needs to be deployed to the collectors (to the ext folder), this performs a similar function to a Javascript calculator but it is built as an EM extension which is more efficient.

This file has existed with previous versions so I would make sure you use an updated file, as I assume some metric names would have changed.

The file does not need to be put on the MOM because it will process the data from agents and the agents do not send data to the MOM.

There are Javascripts in there as well but they are designed to process the OS monitoring that is no longer a part of the product.

Thanks,

David

• 6.  Re: Siteminder Policy Server Health Metrics

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 12:37 PM

From what I can see of the proposed installation process,

Installing CA APM for CA SSO Management Module on Linux - CA APM for SSO - 13.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

that file should be placed automatically, if it isn't there, we can dig it out of the installation and send it to you for now.

I guess it it is a cluster, you obviously put the MM on the MOM only so you wouldn't naturally run it again on collectors.

In which case, if you have the file in the ext folder of the MOM, take it out of there and copy it to all collectors, it will throw errors in MOM logs for above reasons that the metrics will not be present on MOM.

• 7.  Re: Siteminder Policy Server Health Metrics

Posted Mar 10, 2017 05:23 AM

Hi David

I have the APM EM on Windows, today I'll check the installation packages to look for the management module you suggest and let you know.

Thanks

Antonello