DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Has anyone used CA APM to monitor Swift PAG ?

Posted Jan 18, 2017 09:07 PM

We are currently implementing a monitoring solution for a new solution infrastructure, and one of the components is SWIFT. Has anyone ever developed any tracers for monitoring this application?

The primary technology stack is Karaf OSGI , Jboss Fuse with IBM MQ .

Would be very helpful to get some tips/feedback on this.

Thanks

AJ

• 2.  Re: Has anyone used CA APM to monitor Swift PAG ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 03:49 AM

Hello Ajith

I checked internally but cannot find any extension for SWIFT.

Just in case, regarding:

- Karaf OSGI, see

https://communities.ca.com/message/101617182?commentID=101617182#comment-101617182 

-Jboss Fuse , there is a fieldpack available from this location:

http://marketplace.ca.com/shop/ca/jboss-fuse.html 

-IBM MQ, you can use the MQMonitor:

Configure Application for MQ Monitoring - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

Also, you might want to contact the CA Service or Professional Service Team as they can help implement/develop a solution for you.

Thanks,

Sergio

• 3.  Re: Has anyone used CA APM to monitor Swift PAG ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 09:16 AM

Hi Ajith,

Was your question answered by Sergio?

Thanks,
    Matt

• 4.  Re: Has anyone used CA APM to monitor Swift PAG ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 09:28 AM

Hi Ajith:

I am changing this to a discussion. Please let us know if Sergio's answer helped you move forward in monitoring this Swift PAG

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Has anyone used CA APM to monitor Swift PAG ?

Posted Jan 19, 2017 05:48 PM

Thanks for the help. I am being supported by CA Support (Lynn and Aryne) very much on this and provided with the above.

I put this question here to probably find anyone else who may have come across monitoring of SWIFT's applications.

The above packs have not been able to give me any insight into the application - as yet. This being a proprietary application, we have no visibility into the code which leads us to find alternative ways to dig into this.

Component Tracing - The above field-packs are not tracing the components that the SWIFT app is using and hence no success - yet.

MQ Tracing - The app is using MQv8 client libraries - and APM backend tracers are not able to capture any of the Destination messages - yet.

Still progressing - but would love to get some tips to best tackle this.

Cheers!