Symantec IGA

• 1.  identity manager user console not working

Posted Jan 05, 2017 07:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hello everyone,

I have integrated ca siteminder with identity manager using the ca document attached. Now its giving an error as below

please help me out with the same.

Regards,

Saba.

• 2.  Re: identity manager user console not working

Posted Jan 09, 2017 05:21 PM

Hello Saba,

If you disable the siteminder integration, are you able to load up identity manager? Also, please check the ra.xml file and see if you have the settings set appropriately. There are value which need to be enabled to have siteminder integrated with identity manager. Let me know your results.

Thank you,

Andrew Nguyen

• 3.  Re: identity manager user console not working

Posted Jan 10, 2017 12:26 AM

Hello Andrew,

I have disabled it but still the user console is not loading. I have also made the changes in ra.xml file still it exists.

Regards, 

saba.

• 4.  Re: identity manager user console not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 12:59 PM

Hi Saba,

My first question is, why are you using such an old guide, are you integrating CA SSO with Identity Manager 12.5?

What is your environment like: version of IDM, application server used, OS, what is your CA SSO version and setup? How did you configure the proxy plugin for CA SSO and IM integration?

There are many things that may have been mis-configured on CA SSO, CA Identity Manager or even proxy plugin setup making it very difficult to help you troubleshoot the issue based on a screenshot. I highly recommend you open an issue and attach all your logs.

Also, I believe you will find more up to date documentation on docops. choose your IM version and go to CA SSO integration section. The latest documentation provides better instructions on some steps than the guide you are using.

KR
    Russi

• 5.  Re: identity manager user console not working

Posted Jan 11, 2017 12:51 AM

Hello Russi,

Actually I have been given this document by a senior.. 

Yes I am intergrating CA sso 12.5sp1 with identity manager 12.6.

application server- Jboss 5.1.0

64 bit os(windows7)

• 6.  Re: identity manager user console not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2017 10:31 AM

Hello Saba, thanks for sharing this information. Since you are integrating Identity Manager 12.6 with CA SSO please also refer to Identity Manager 12.6 documentation on docops. I don't know the exact version of Identity Manager you are using, but for example, assuming you are using Identity Manager 12.6.8, please refer to this documentation: https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/12-6-8/EN/configuring/ca-sso-integration

Did you perform all the required steps documented here?

where and how did you configure the web proxy server plugin that you need to use to redirect from CA SSO towards the right jboss server and port for Identity Manager single sign on? https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager/12-6-8/EN/configuring/ca-sso-integration/integrate-ca-sso-with-ca-identity-manager/install-the-web-proxy-server-plug-in/install-the-proxy-plug-in-for-jboss

What errors do you see in Identity Manager jboss logs? In CA SSO logs? in the proxy plugin logs? As I said before your best option is to open a case with CA support and send them all the logs for the analysis.

KR
    Russi

• 7.  Re: identity manager user console not working
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2017 11:49 AM

As Rusudan noted, this should be opened as a CA Support case as this would require more in-depth analysis.

Thank you,

Andrew Nguyen