Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How I debug many requests

Posted Jan 20, 2017 01:06 PM

Hi Everybody,

I have a action that generate two request in a service, but I can get the first request only to debug, and I need debug the second debug. How I configure the debugger to get nexts debug withou click in "start" again?

Thanks

Matheus Isquierdo

• 2.  Re: How I debug many requests
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 04:11 PM

Hi matmoreno,

I am not familiar with any way to accomplish this. Once the debugger is engaged and terminates/completes it is detached. It would need to be started a 2nd time to capture the 2nd request to the same endpoint.

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: How I debug many requests

Posted Jan 24, 2017 05:20 AM

Hi dasjo02,

Thank you for your answer.

In my case there is a Developer Portal integration in which two requests occur almost simultaneously, but I need to debug the second, and unfortunately the only way to verify the behavior of the second request is through Trace. I am a developer and I have worked with some development IDEs, and in the web context they allow you to enable debugging for any incoming requests, and the execution process is interrupted when there is a breakpoint.

I'll suggest this as an idea for the community.

Regards,

Matheus

• 4.  Re: How I debug many requests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2017 06:28 PM

Hello matmoreno ,

I would recommend to "Enable policy debug tracing" on the service (right click on the service -> Service Properties -> Enable policy debug tracing)

After enable tracing, you can see the trace log in ssg log or gateway audit events viewer for every incoming request. The "assertion.number" in trace log will show the execution path, you can add audit detail assertion to expose the value of variable at run time, etc.

Regards,

Mark