Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we build a policy that only applies to employees at the firm <90 days?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Can we build a policy that only applies to employees at the firm <90 days?

Posted 08-10-2016 04:05 PM

CA Dataminder version 14.5/15.1/15.2.  Can we build a policy that only applies to employees at the firm <90 days? 

I do see reference to datalookup commands for a particular year, but not a moving timeframe like <90 days from hire
    date.  This is the current reference in the 14.5 policy manual: 
    mapi WITH any %recipient% WHERE ExtensionAttribute3
    CONTAINS "2001". 

Is there another way to do this?

• 2.  Re: Can we build a policy that only applies to employees at the firm <90 days?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-01-2016 07:05 AM

I don't think there is a way to do this directly in policy. As an alternative I would suggest setting a user attribute on the target users as part of your hierarchy update process. That way the calculation is done outside of policy, in a batch process, once a day.

• 3.  Re: Can we build a policy that only applies to employees at the firm <90 days?

Posted 12-01-2016 11:51 AM

One example of this is to set an attribute in the Active Directory and test it via a Mapi address book data lookup, similar to the example given in the documentation.

The example below detects all outgoing emails where one or more recipients has a hire date of 2001. (In this example, Address Book custom attribute 3 is set to an employee’s hire date.)
    mapi WITH any %recipient% WHERE ExtensionAttribute3 CONTAINS "2001"