DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

• 1.  CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Nov 30, 2016 11:52 PM

CA APM EPAgent and XML file.

Hi All,

We want to monitor Siebel application from SARM query data.My plan is get performance  data from SARM query to XML file and from XML file to EPagent.

Can you please help for below query.

1:-How i can configure EP agent for this configuration.?

2:-How i can get data from XML file to EPagent ?

3:-What configuration i need to change if example my file name is test.xml.what is location i have to put in EPagent ?

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 2.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:34 AM

Hi Vinay,  

I had not seen your earlier SARM thread, but we have this exact EPAgent already available as mentioned by Janelle, Hiko and Hal in that other conversation.  I have used that EPAgent many times with no issues, so we just need to get a copy to you.

• 3.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:39 AM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reply on this.I am looking  configuration ? Can you help me to configure How i can configure XML data in EPagent ?

Regards

Vinay nayak

• 4.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:52 AM
      |   view attached

Here is the EPAgent.

Attachment(s)

zip
    casarmbridge1.7.zip   14 KB 1 version

• 5.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 01, 2016 03:53 AM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your useful information and the sharing the folder . Which gives us a right direction to proceed further on EPAgent config. 

We have followed readme file instruction and We are  getting below mention error in EPAgentService.

"[ERROR] [EPAgent] EPAgent failed to start because: Class 'com.ca.caSARMBridge' not found for plugin SARM.
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | com.wily.introscope.epagent.IllegalConfigurationException: Class 'com.ca.caSARMBridge' not found for plugin SARM.
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at com.wily.introscope.epagent.ClassPlugin.<init>(ClassPlugin.java:58)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAConfig.parseConfig(EPAConfig.java:170)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAConfig.parseConfigFile(EPAConfig.java:106)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAgent.start(EPAgent.java:260)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAgent.main(EPAgent.java:546)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at com.wily.introscope.api.IntroscopeEPAgent.main(IntroscopeEPAgent.java:55)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperJarApp.run(WrapperJarApp.java:394)
    INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/12/01 09:36:28 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)"

We have copied provided file in the mentioned path : 

1.> D:\epagent\epaplugins\sarm\lib\caSARMBridge.jar

2.> D:\epagent\epaplugins\sarm\caSARMBridge.dictionery 

3.> D:\epagent\caSARMBridge.properties

4.> IntroscopeEPAgent.Properties (Appended below mentioned lines)

introscope.epagent.plugins.stateless.names=SARM,SARM2
    introscope.epagent.stateless.SARM.class=com.ca.caSARMBridge
    introscope.epagent.stateless.SARM.delayInSeconds=300
    introscope.epagent.stateless.SARM2.class=com.ca.caSARMBridge caSARMBridge_AppServer.properties
    introscope.epagent.stateless.SARM2.delayInSeconds=300
    introscope.epagent.plugins.stateless.names=SARM
    introscope.epagent.stateless.SARM.class=com.ca.caSARMBridge caSARMBridge.properties caSARMBridge_AppServer.properties

5.> caSARMBridge.Properties (Appended below mentioned lines)

bridge.min.byte.process.size=1000
    bridge.check.match.instance.regex=false
    bridge.last.run.time=1462344598160
    bridge.ignore.last.run.time=true
    siebel.sarm.xml.commandline.options=-a details
    siebel.sarm.directory=D:\\sba81\\siebsrvr\\log
    bridge.working.dir=SARM_temp
    CEM.shared.directory= dictionary.file.list=D:\\epagent\\epaplugins\\sarm\\caSARMBridge.dictionary
    bridge.cleanup.sarm.dir=false
    bridge.match.instances.regex=.*
    siebel.sarm.xml.commandline=D:\\sba81\\siebsrvr\\BIN\\sarmquery

DEBUG=true
    bridge.cleanup.purge.minutes=61
    bridge.cleanup.working.dir=true
    bridge.use.modified.time.comparison=true
    dictionary.substitute.tree=true 

Please help us 

Thanks A lot 

Vinay

• 6.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 02, 2016 03:44 AM

Hi Vinay , 

Gone through the SIEBEL SARM BRIDGE fieldpack for EPAgent 1.7 Read me 1st .txt  and as mentioned in 

Prerequisites:-EPAgent 7.x or higher (should not be installed on the Siebel Server) and it seems that you have installed on the SIEBEL Server.

This is my understanding so far on this solution 

Hi Tim and Haruhiko -- your comment on this ?  please let me know is that correct ?

Thanks 

HK

• 7.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 02, 2016 02:21 PM

The instructions definitely leave a few things out, especially if you do not work with EPAgent regularly.

Hemant-CTS, your diagram is very good.  You have the right layout.

nayak1985, here are some of the steps that are not clear:

1. You need to add the caSARMBridge.jar to the classpath of your EPAgent.  If you are starting the agent using the EPACtrl script, you'll need to the path to the .jar file to the "EpaCmd" line.  Example:

java <there's stuff here> -cp lib/EPAgent.jar:lib/IntroscopeServices.jar:lib/Agent.jar:epaplugins/sarm/lib/caSARMBridge.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/epaMQMonitor.jar

2. The multiple executions (introscope.epagent.plugins.stateless.names=SARM,SARM2) are only of interest if you have content coming from multiple properties files.  This could be the case if you have multiple shares.  

See the diagram from HK:

To start, only one plugin execution is necessary, and it will read from caSARMBridge.properties by default.  

You therefore only need the following lines in IntroscopeEPAgent.properties:

That should at least get the plugin executing, which will give you a better idea of which things you may need to change in the caSARMBridge.properties file.

Regards,

Tim

• 8.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 05, 2016 04:39 AM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help.

We have added below mention configuration 

D:\epagent\bin\EPACtrl.bat

echo the command to start the EPAgent
    EpaCmd="java -Xms${MIN_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m -Xmx${MAX_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m -cp lib/EPAgent.jar:lib/IntroscopeServices.jar:lib/Agent.jar:epaplugins/sarm/lib/caSARMBridge.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/epaMQMonitor.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/com.ibm.mq.pcf.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/com.ibm.mq.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/connector.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/lib/com.ibm.mqjms.jar:epaplugins/sarm/lib/caSARMBridge.jar com.wily.introscope.api.IntroscopeEPAgent"
    #echo $EpaCmd
    # |||||||||||||||||||| END CONFIGURATION SECTION ||||||||||||||||||||

Jar location is 

D:\epagent\epaplugins\sarm\caSARMBridge.jar

but no luck.Can you please help me to get start it.

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 9.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 05, 2016 12:45 PM

Vinay,

Right now I see two different things:

1. epaplugins/sarm/lib/caSARMBridge.jar is listed twice in the classpath.
    2. The classpath references lib/caSARMBridge.jar, but the jar location you have listed does not have a lib directory.

Regards,

Tim

• 10.  RE: Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Oct 08, 2019 03:53 PM
    Hi Tim/all, 

I am currently working on a similar topic. I am getting the same error as above,
    10/08/19 01:43:40 PM EDT [ERROR] [EPAgent] EPAgent failed to start because: Class 'com.ca.caSARMBridge' not found for plugin SARM.10/08/19 01:43:40 PM EDT [ERROR] [EPAgent] EPAgent failed to start because: Class 'com.ca.caSARMBridge' not found for plugin SARM.com.wily.introscope.epagent.IllegalConfigurationException: Class 'com.ca.caSARMBridge' not found for plugin SARM. at com.wily.introscope.epagent.ClassPlugin.<init>(ClassPlugin.java:58) at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAConfig.parseConfig(EPAConfig.java:222) at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAConfig.parseConfigFile(EPAConfig.java:150) at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAgent.start(EPAgent.java:260) at com.wily.introscope.epagent.EPAgent.main(EPAgent.java:553) at com.wily.introscope.api.IntroscopeEPAgent.main(IntroscopeEPAgent.java:55) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperJarApp.run(WrapperJarApp.java:394) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have added the caSARMBridge.jar to the classpath of your EPAgent,
    set EpaCmd=" -Xms${MIN_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m -Xmx${MAX_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m  -cp lib/EPAgent.jar:lib/IntroscopeServices.jar:lib/Agent.jar:epaplugins/sarm/lib/caSARMBridge.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/epaMQMonitor.jar"

The caSARMBridge.prop file content,
    bridge.min.byte.process.size=1000
    bridge.check.match.instance.regex=false
    bridge.last.run.time=1257188454191
    bridge.ignore.last.run.time=true
    siebel.sarm.xml.commandline.options=-a details
    siebel.sarm.directory=remotelocationtosiebellogdirectory
    bridge.cleanup.purge.days=1
    bridge.purge.sarm.dir=false
    bridge.working.dir=SARM_temp
    #dictionary.file.list=caSARMBridge.dictionary
    dictionary.file.list=D\:\\CA\\epagent\\epaplugins\\sarm\\caSARMBridge.dictionary
    bridge.match.user.instances.regex=.*
    siebel.sarm.xml.commandline=D\:\\CA\\epagent\epaplugins\\sarm\\copySarmanalyzer.exe -q
    DEBUG=false

and have added in stateless property,

Also, 
    D:\CA\epagent\epaplugins\sarm\lib\caSARMBridge.jar
    D:\CA\epagent\epaplugins\sarm\caSARMBridge.dictionary
    D:\CA\epagent\epaplugins\sarm\caSARMBridge.properties
    D:\CA\epagent\epaplugins\sarm\copySarmanalyzer

Please, let me know if I am missing anything here!

Thank you,
    Surya

• 11.  RE: Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 03:36 AM
    When configuring EPA/IA on Windows, you need to use a semicolon for the class file separators, not a colon.

--

Haruhiko Davis

Customer Solution Architect  |  Enterprise Software Division

Broadcom

• 12.  RE: Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 09:24 AM
    Surya,

The caSARMBridge.jar file is not getting loaded by the JVM.  I'm eyeing this classpath:
    set EpaCmd=" -Xms${MIN_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m -Xmx${MAX_HEAP_VAL_IN_MB}m  -cp lib/EPAgent.jar:lib/IntroscopeServices.jar:lib/Agent.jar:epaplugins/sarm/lib/caSARMBridge.jar:epaplugins/epaMQMonitor/epaMQMonitor.jar"

Are you also using the epaMQMonitor?  Is that loading correctly?

Please also ensure that the permissions on the epaplugins/sarm files are appropriate for the EPAgent user.

Regards,
    Tim

------------------------------
    Solution Architect
    ------------------------------

• 13.  RE: Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 09:24 AM
    Hi Surya,

The EPAgent is not loading the caSARMBridge.jar file.  I'm eyeing this classpath:

Are you also using the epaMQMonitor?  Is it loading?

Please ensure the files in the epaplugins/sarm directory can be read by the EPAgent user.

Regards,
    Tim

• 14.  RE: Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Oct 09, 2019 02:11 PM
    Haruhiko,

Thanks for the correction, but that also didn't work. So, I added following to EPAService.conf file,

wrapper.java.classpath.2=../epaplugins/sarm/lib/caSARMBridge.jar

wrapper.java.additional.2=-Dcom.wily.introscope.sarm.properties="../epaplugins/sarm/caSARMBridge.properties"

With this change, I am getting this error,
    10/09/19 11:56:20 AM EDT [INFO] [EPAgent] re-loading configuration resource D:\CA\epagent\IntroscopeEPAgent.properties
    10/09/19 11:56:20 AM EDT [INFO] [EPAgent.EPAgent PERFMON] Starting plugin 'PERFMON'.
    10/09/19 11:56:20 AM EDT [INFO] [EPAgent] Introscope EPAgent started.
    10/09/19 11:56:20 AM EDT [INFO] [EPAgent.EPAgent SARM] Starting plugin 'SARM'.
    10/09/19 11:56:20 AM EDT [INFO] [EPAgent.EPAgent PERFMON] Plugin PERFMON is stopping...
    10/09/19 11:56:20 AM EDT [INFO] [EPAgent.EPAgent PERFMON] The process started by plugin PERFMON was destroyed

Tim, 
    No, I am not using the epaMQMonitoring. I didn't remove that form classpath and users have the rights. Same error from the begining.

Thank you,
    Surya

• 15.  RE: Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Oct 10, 2019 01:06 PM
    Is the extension compatible with Epagent 10.5.2.15 and APMIA 11? 

When adding the stateless plugin, should I add the caSARMBridge.properties like this,
    introscope.epagent.stateless.SARM.class=com.ca.caSARMBridge caSARMBridge.properties

I have removed the epaMQMonitoring from the classpath, but is it something needed for the extension to work with the agent?

If I open a case on this, can someone from Broadcom work with me? 

Thank you,
    Surya

• 16.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:35 AM

Hi Vinay,

This looks like a follow-on from your October thread 

May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents. 

Tim_McGaughey actually just replied on that thread

"For some reason, this thread slipped past me a month ago, but I have actually used the SARM EPAgent fieldpack more recently.  In fact, not more than a few months ago.  It still works just fine."

Tim,

Would that be the caSARMBridge you are referring to?

Thanks

Lynn

• 17.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:37 AM

Yes, that is correct.

• 18.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:43 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply on this.

We are looking for SARM query data in sieble application if data is present in XML file how i can bring that data in EPagent ?

There are two way

1:-SARM analyzer data

2:-SARM query data

My approach to monitor SARM query data SARM query will send out put to XML file and i will capture that data in CA APM with EPagent.How i can create this plugins ?

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 19.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2016 01:09 AM

Hi Vinay,

The EPAgent Field Pack casarmbridge1.7.zip upload by Tim uses uses the SARM Analyzer Tool

(sarmanalyzer.exe) to get the data

The readme1.7.txt inside it should help get you started. If you have additional questions on its usage please let us know.

For the EPAgent in general here is also a very good easy to understand guide from Chris_Kline (with the 9.7.1 + REST API included)

EPAgent 101: Use the SDK to Send Data to APM 

Regards,

Lynn

• 20.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Dec 01, 2016 10:08 AM

Hi All,

Can you please help me on this ?

What changes I need to do in EPagent.

We are testing in Windows environment.

Regards

Vinay

• 21.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2016 10:12 AM

What version of java is available to EPA and the SARMBridge?

Does EPA have access to sarmanalyzer.exe?

Please change the logging level of EPA and the FieldPack so we can see more details. You're currently displaying INFO logging.

• 22.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Jan 04, 2017 08:34 AM

Hi All,

Now SARM plunging is working fine and able to see below mention data.but how we can validate captured data is correct or not ?

We captured this data from SARMquery tool to XML format as suggested.Can you please help me to validate and capture correct data from SIEBLE application  to Introscope ?

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 23.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 08:49 AM

Tim_McGaughey Hiko_Davis any suggestions on this? 

• 24.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Jan 04, 2017 09:50 AM

Vinay,

Are those the only metrics you see at the EPAgent?  If so, then they are not complete.  

The metrics you do have can help you find out why the other SARM metrics are not present because you can tell:

1. If the agent is processing from the correct directory (Siebel SARM directory)
    2. If conversions are occurring (Last XML Conversion Count)
    3. Which command is being executed (Siebel XML harvest command / Siebel XML harvest command options)

That level of information is also present in the log files, and you may have to review those to find out more detail.

One of the best ways to find out what is going on is to run the commands printed in the metrics and the log files and see if they're executing successfully.

Regards,

Tim

• 25.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Jan 04, 2017 09:38 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reply.Can you please give me some examples to understand  the out put.

There are some data present in SARM Plugin and SARMBridge node.

Can you please give me  query's example which is produces data in introscope please.

Regards

Vinay

• 26.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Jan 04, 2017 10:23 PM

Can you provide some screenshots so I can see what you have so far?  

Just to recap: The way the SARM EPA works is that you indicate the location of the original binary SARM files and the conversion command.  The agent runs the conversion command, then processes the output of the conversion.  

Ultimately, the data in APM will be dependent on which SARM exports you have, because we just read it right from the file.

I can provide some guidance on the data itself, but first I want to ensure everything is executing correctly.

• 27.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Jan 05, 2017 02:42 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help.Enclosed detailed configuration documents from Introscope and Siebel application with gathered metric detailed.

Regards

Vinay Nayak 

Attachment(s)

docx
    APM.docx   141 KB 1 version

• 28.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor

Posted Jan 05, 2017 12:11 PM

It appears that the processed files are not being read into the agent, but there's not enough information to tell why.  Please select my user id and "follow" so we can exchange contact information and coordinate further examination.

Thanks!

• 29.  Re: CAAPM and EPagent for XML file Monitor
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2017 08:52 AM

I am considering this thread closed because it will be pursued offline. Thanks Tim_McGaughey! for the help.