Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any Performance Implication with more number of Cluster wide properties?

• 1.  Is there any Performance Implication with more number of Cluster wide properties?

Posted Feb 13, 2017 06:38 AM

Hi Team,

I am doing some analysis on usage of Cluster wide properties. accordingly i have few queries and need your assistance on this.

a) What is the limitation of Cluster wide properties, how many properties can we define over here?

b) If there are thousands of Cluster wide properties defined, will this be having any performance implication.

c) I am trying to load the Properties by specifying values in a XML/File then is it the right approach to load the properties instead of using the Layer 7 Provided Features.

Could some one please assist regarding this.

Thanks & regards,

Jalandhar.G

• 2.  Re: Is there any Performance Implication with more number of Cluster wide properties?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 07:10 PM

Hello Jgudala ,

a) the CWP are stored in database, if there is a limit, it  should be on the disk space.

b) the CWP will be loaded into memory, if you have a lot, watch the memory usage. It could have impact on performance if you lack of resources. And from my point of view, it will be hard/painful to maintain a large number of CWP.

c) I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, if you want to dynamically use a context variable, you may try Look Up Context Variable Assertion, Look Up Context Variable Assertion - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Mark