Service Virtualization

• 1.  What is the JMS/MQ Request-Response Pair file format

Posted Jun 27, 2016 03:03 PM

Hi All,

I am looking for request-response pair format for JMS/MQ virtual service. If anyone is aware of the format please share.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: What is the JMS/MQ Request-Response Pair file format

Posted Jun 27, 2016 03:13 PM

The RR pair files just contain the body of your JMS message.  If you want to control things like JMS header properties or custom message properties then you need to use sidecar files. Those allow you to directly set request and response meta-data properties on each transaction, which is where JMS headers and custom properties are stored. 

For JMS headers you should be able to find list of meta-data properties in any existing or newly created service image.  For custom message properties, the name of the meta-data property is 'msg.props.NAME', where 'NAME' is the name of your custom message property.

• 3.  Re: What is the JMS/MQ Request-Response Pair file format

Posted Jun 27, 2016 05:28 PM

Thanks Kevin. I would like to control JMS header and custom message properties.  As you have suggested, I will look into sidecar files with Request-Response pair.

Another question I would like to ask, can I use REST Lisa Invoke CreateService API operation to create JMS Virtual Service on the fly using sidecar and RR Pair files as zip file parameter ?

POST /VSEs/{serviceName}/actions/createService

• 4.  Re: What is the JMS/MQ Request-Response Pair file format
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2016 10:49 PM

I'm pretty sure that API can only create HTTP services.

You can use the ServiceImageManager command line tool, but you'll have to run at least one recording session in Workstation so you can generate a VRS file.  And, you'll have to be careful that the VSM/VSI that you generate using ServiceImageManager are generated inside a project that contains the same assets you used to create the VRS recording session. 

• 5.  Re: What is the JMS/MQ Request-Response Pair file format

Posted Feb 01, 2018 12:53 PM

Hi Kevin, 

In the new DevTest Version (10), it's possible to virtualize MQ using RR Pairs by the API? 

Regards,

Francis

• 6.  Re: What is the JMS/MQ Request-Response Pair file format

Posted Jul 12, 2016 11:01 AM

Hi AVSDevTest,

Did Kevin's response answer your question? If so, please be sure to mark it as correct!

Thanks,

Melanie