IT Process Automation

• 1.  Mass PAM process suspend and reset

Posted Apr 13, 2016 03:30 PM

Hi!

I'm looking to suspend mass list of PAM processes (PAM 4.1 SP01) followed by reset then resume all processes back again using a SQL query on PAM RT database tables. If someone had any luck with this process then please let me know the list of related tables along with key columns that are needed to achieve the above.

Basically, we are moving PAM Orchestrator and Databases to a new hardware and currently all in-flight processes are stuck after this migration. The workaround was to manually suspend then followed by reset and resume the in-flight process to get it to work.

• 2.  Re: Mass PAM process suspend and reset
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 10:49 AM

Hi Vishnu,

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a mass suspend/reset command available. Selecting multiple process instances on the Operators tab in PAM and right clicking to suspend or resume is the best way.

• 3.  Re: Mass PAM process suspend and reset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 11:08 AM

You may also consider creating an enhancement request on this topic.  It will be considered in a future release of the product.  Thank you.

>Click
      Content tab.
    >Click Idea tab from
    >On the left side, click
      "Create an Idea"
    >Detail the requested
      enhancement to the program, including business requirements and other details
    >submit.

• 4.  Re: Mass PAM process suspend and reset

Posted Jun 01, 2016 03:09 PM

I have run into this a number of times and recently added an "Idea" to address this. Please up vote if you think this would be a useful addition. Retry Blocked Operator

• 5.  Re: Mass PAM process suspend and reset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 03:23 PM

Thank you for your idea submission.  I have voted on the idea.