Clarity

• 1.  Risks and Issues on Project Status Reports

Posted Jan 27, 2016 11:30 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if other organisations out there have found a way to pull this information together in the one place.

As you know, the Project Status Reports do not display current Risks and Issues for the Project. And, as the Status Report object is separate to the Risks object and Issues object, I am not able to create a virtual attribute against the Status Report object to bring these across.

Also, as Status Reports are a snapshot in time, it would also be necessary to have snapshots of the Risks and Issues saved against each Status Report so that one could see what the situation was with a project at any given point in time.

I haven't yet tried to write my own NSQL to bring all this together onto one page, as our organisation is trying to keep our Clarity solution as OOTB as possible, for now.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has found a way to pull this info together, without starting from scratch with a new query, portlet, etc, etc.

Please advise.

Thanks

Michelle

• 2.  Re: Risks and Issues on Project Status Reports

Posted Feb 02, 2016 12:48 PM

I believe in the upcoming versions of PPM the "new" status reports do show this info together to some extent, but I'm also interested if anyone has something similar already going. Not something we've tried to do here, but would be interesting to see what else is already out there.

• 3.  Re: Risks and Issues on Project Status Reports

Posted Feb 03, 2016 03:41 AM

There is no Ootb way to snapshot the data, although possibly CA services have an offering.

essentially you build a process to collect the data needed and write into custom objects or tables, this is triggered as needed.

There is also the new dwh but that doesn't look like it can do it ootb.

In my experience status reports are generally company specific (even if the data is essentially the same!)

I'd like to see a out the box status report dashboard (jaspersoft) built from ad hoc views, that way when a customer wants to customise they don't need any technical experience.

maybe raise an idea for this?

• 4.  Re: Risks and Issues on Project Status Reports
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2016 09:27 AM

We have a "printer friendly" project status report that combines information from the status report object, risks and issues, change requests, milestone tasks and cost plans. (Currently it's a Crystal Report, not Jaspersoft.) This report can be printed/exported to a pdf and saved as a file, if getting a snapshot is the requirement.

• 5.  Re: Risks and Issues on Project Status Reports

Posted Feb 04, 2016 07:24 AM

saving the report down is a simple option to get the history.

However that data wouldn't be available to report, so if you want to do trend reporting you need to snapshot the data.

• 6.  Re: Risks and Issues on Project Status Reports

Posted Mar 06, 2016 07:08 PM

Thanks everyone.. We may just look into reports for this one..