Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Anon Anon

Anon AnonNov 04, 2015 09:01 AM

• 1.  Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Nov 04, 2015 03:11 AM

After the upgrade of Clarity 13.3 to Clarity 14.3, we installed Jasper server, then there was process which uses below commands to generate a Keystore file which has to be copied to Jasper server.

admin jaspersoft keystore -key jasper -password admin123

When we are running this command, following errors we are getting

11/4/15 7:36 AM (admin) WARN: Keystore not generated in META-INF/reporting/store directory.

11/4/15 7:36 AM (admin) Error in saving keystore files in Database

According to the Upgrade file the .jks and .properties file should be created in below shown folders

1.        /var/clarity/home/META-INF/reporting/store

2.         /var/clarity/home/Config

In 1 directory the only .jks file is getting created and in 2  both ones.

The account which we are using for running the commands is having all the access.

For workaround we tried to copy the two files created in  "/var/clarity/home/Config" to " /var/clarity/home/META-INF/reporting/store"   and copied the same to jasper server i.e. "D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.55\webapps\reportservice\WEB-INF\config"

Then in clarity screen we navigated to "Home > Personal > Advance Reporting " the error we getting is -

Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or technical problems. Contact your site administrator.

Now again we check the app-ca.log file for error, following error it showed -

WARN  2015-11-04 07:56:25,547 [http-nio-8080-exec-9] utility.I18nUtilities (clarity:unknown:-1:nmc.advancedReporting) Unable to find gwtconstants/DateTimeConstants for locale en finding default

ERROR 2015-11-04 07:56:38,825 [http-nio-8080-exec-11] auth.EncryptorService (clarity:scc0785:23952246__A29081A2-046D-449E-B50C-84E2A6E5F337:none) Error - cannot find keystore file of type : properties

ERROR 2015-11-04 07:56:38,825 [http-nio-8080-exec-11] auth.EncryptorService (clarity:scc0785:23952246__A29081A2-046D-449E-B50C-84E2A6E5F337:none) Error - cannot find keystore file of type : jks

ERROR 2015-11-04 07:56:38,825 [http-nio-8080-exec-11] jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin (clarity:scc0785:23952246__A29081A2-046D-449E-B50C-84E2A6E5F337:none) Could not login to http://*************************/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin

ERROR 2015-11-04 07:56:38,831 [http-nio-8080-exec-11] auth.EncryptorService (clarity:scc0785:23952246__A29081A2-046D-449E-B50C-84E2A6E5F337:none) Error - cannot find keystore file of type : properties

ERROR 2015-11-04 07:56:38,832 [http-nio-8080-exec-11] auth.EncryptorService (clarity:scc0785:23952246__A29081A2-046D-449E-B50C-84E2A6E5F337:none) Error - cannot find keystore file of type : jks

Please help ?

• 2.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 08:39 AM

Hi Raj,

The error looks like the organization name is missing so please follow the steps

1. Jaspersoft server to be available

2. Organization name to be filled in the CSA and then run the command.

3. admin content-jaspersoft csk -userName superuser -password <password> - this is to import the content

Then run the create jaspersoft user job

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Mar 01, 2016 09:03 AM

Hi All,

While am generating key store file. I got the below error. Do we have to create a user in Jasper server? Can anyone please help me on this?

Error message:

Importing....

Content imported

Jasper Admin User doesn't exists in PPM. Trying to create user in PPM.User Id not found

Creating the user ppmjasperadmin in PPM

ERROR 01-03 14:29:51,089 - Invalid lookup type: Z_DUMMY

ERROR 2016-03-01 14:29:51,089 [main] lookup.LookupTypeCache Invalid lookup type: Z_DUMMY

ERROR 01-03 14:29:51,089 - Lookup: Z_DUMMY doesn't exist

ERROR 2016-03-01 14:29:51,089 [main] lookup.LookupControllerImpl Lookup: Z_DUMMY doesn't exist

-------------------------------------------------------------------

GMS: address=nlnehvdcs3vu202-54523, cluster=CLRTY, physical address=130.139.129.112:59211

-------------------------------------------------------------------

User ppmjasperadmin not available in report server. Resource ppmjasperadmin not found. code:resource.not.found  parameter:["ppmjasperadmin"]

Creation/updation process is started for PPM user ppmjasperadmin as ppmjasperadmin user in jasper server

User ppmjasperadmin not available in report server. Resource ppmjasperadmin not found. code:resource.not.found  parameter:["ppmjasperadmin"]

Creating the user ppmjasperadmin in report server

Creating shared folder..

Setting shared folder permissions..

Setting theme permissions..

Setting global permissions..

Error in updating permission: Resource /organizations/organization_1/users not found.

Error in updating permission: Resource /organizations/organization_1/users not found.

Importing content completed..

Thanks in advance,

Agin A. Vadath

• 4.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2016 09:07 AM

Hi Agin,

It would be better to open a new thread so that questions doesn;t get missed. Have you imported the jasper soft content before running the key store command.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Mar 01, 2016 09:46 AM

Hi Suman,

Imported jaspersoft content means? Can you please elaborate? After jaspersoft installation, i am able to connect the Jaspersoft via browser with superuser.

After that I have run the keystore command.

I didnt see the import jaspersoft content in the installation document. Can you please help me how to proceed further?

Thanks,

Agin A. Vadath

• 6.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2016 11:02 AM

Hi Agin,

Can you please let me know what exact command your used to generate the key store, below are the high level steps

1. Install the Jaspersoft and ensure its running

2. Fill in the details in reporting section in CSA and key in the organization name.

3. Go to CA PPM bin directory and generate the key store

4. Copy the generated key store to Jaspersoft Server

5. Import the Jaspersoft content to get the out of box reports - admin content jasper is the command. See the PMO guide for details

6. Add the advance reporting rights to CA PPM users

7. Run the create Jaspersoft user job

Hope this helps

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 7.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Mar 02, 2016 01:33 AM

Hi Suman,                                     

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  

I have successfully completed first two steps mentioned  above.

Then I run the  the command: admin content-jaspersoft csk -username superuser -password <password> (fresh installation of jaspersoft 6.1.0 in CA PPM 14.3). At that time I got the above error, which I posted first.                                         

Can I go ahead with the keystore generation command??       

Command: admin jaspersoft generate [-key csk -password <password>]

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Agin A. Vadath

• 8.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2016 01:45 AM

Hi Agin,

If you see my above notes, you need to generate the keystore and then import the content

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 9.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Mar 02, 2016 07:44 AM

Thanks Suman,

This is what i followed yesterday that leads to that error. i had just explained what i did yesterday. May be my words confused you. i am sorry for that.

We have successfully done with the step 3 and 4. Step 5 has been done yesterday before 3 and 4. Hence am not able to perform step 5. While i am trying to run the import command. am getting this error (3/2/16 9:20 AM (admin) Cannot import content on same release, use force flag to import.)

Should  i rerun step 5 with force flag? in the admin.log, i saw that error message i have posted yesterday. But that user (username as ppmjasperadmin) has been created in PPM having below Global access rights

Advanced Reporting - Ad Hoc Create

Advanced Reporting - Administer

Advanced Reporting - Dashboard Create

Advanced Reporting - Data Source Create

Advanced Reporting - Domain Create

Advanced Reporting - Navigate

Advanced Reporting - Report Create

If i logged in as ppmjasperadmin (which was created while running csk import) under 'Home' tab am getting 'advanced reporting', if we click no pages is visible

Could you please advice me how to proceed further?

Thanks in advance,

Agin

• 10.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2016 07:49 AM

Hi Agin,

The error you are getting is because your content was already installed and then you are trying to reinstall it, for those cases you need to use the force flag. Also the ppmjasperadmin is not a user which you should use this is an internal user created for integration purpose.

Please import using the force flag and then add the advance reporting rights to a administrator user and then run the create jasper soft user job

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 11.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Mar 02, 2016 08:09 AM

Hi Suman,

When i run this command, am getting the below error message.

$ ./admin content-jaspersoft csk -userName superuser -password superuser -force

Force can be used only with upgrade option.

usage: admin content-jaspersoft <contentPackId> [upgrade|restoreDomains] [-userName <userName>] [-password <password>] [-fileName <fileName>] [-retryCount <retry count>] [-zipOrgId] <org id in zip> [-force|force]

Can you help me on this?

Thanks in advance

Agin

• 12.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2016 08:47 AM

Hi Agin,

Try the below steps, the only problem you will face is if you have custom content saved it will be removed.

1.Delete the organization from jasperconsole using superuser
    2.Delete from CMN_INSTALL_HISTORY -- delete from cmn_install_history where install_id = 'contentPack::csk::jaspersoft'
    3.Delete the existing key store
    4.Regenerate the key store
    5.Run the create jasper user job

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 13.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Mar 08, 2016 04:11 AM

Thanks Suman.

Am sorry for the delayed response. after doing this step, i have got an error like this below

3/7/16 7:52 AM (admin) Setting theme permissions..

3/7/16 7:52 AM (admin) Setting global permissions..

3/7/16 7:52 AM (admin) Error in updating permission

com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.JasperException: Resource /organizations/organization_1/users not found.

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.setJSErrorMesage(RestServiceBase.java:270)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.setMetaInfo(RestServiceBase.java:284)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.restServicePut(RestServiceBase.java:383)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.restServicePut(RestServiceBase.java:370)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.PermissionService.updateSinglePermission(PermissionService.java:301)

at com.niku.reporting.jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin.updatePermission(ClarityJasperAdmin.java:2327)

at com.niku.reporting.jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin.setPermissionUsersFolder(ClarityJasperAdmin.java:2621)

at com.niku.reporting.jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin.jasperContent(ClarityJasperAdmin.java:806)

at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.doJasperReports(AdminManager.java:811)

at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.invokeAction(AdminManager.java:289)

at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.execute(AdminManager.java:188)

at com.niku.nsa.service.Admin.main(Admin.java:77)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)

at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

3/7/16 7:52 AM (admin) Error in updating permission

com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.JasperException: Resource /organizations/organization_1/users not found.

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.setJSErrorMesage(RestServiceBase.java:270)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.setMetaInfo(RestServiceBase.java:284)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.restServicePut(RestServiceBase.java:383)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.RestServiceBase.restServicePut(RestServiceBase.java:370)

at com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.services.PermissionService.updateSinglePermission(PermissionService.java:301)

at com.niku.reporting.jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin.updatePermission(ClarityJasperAdmin.java:2327)

at com.niku.reporting.jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin.setPermissionUsersFolder(ClarityJasperAdmin.java:2623)

at com.niku.reporting.jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin.jasperContent(ClarityJasperAdmin.java:806)

at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.doJasperReports(AdminManager.java:811)

at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.invokeAction(AdminManager.java:289)

at com.niku.nsa.service.AdminManager.execute(AdminManager.java:188)

at com.niku.nsa.service.Admin.main(Admin.java:77)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)

at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

3/7/16 7:52 AM (admin) Importing content completed..

can you help me on this? How i can sort out the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Agin A Vadath

• 14.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Nov 04, 2015 09:01 AM

It worked thanks

• 15.  Re: Keystore file generation failed during Clarity 14.3 Upgrade

Posted Oct 10, 2018 07:13 AM

Hello, a little bit late I think but I had the same problem and I find the solution, for me.

In my case, I think is the same that is explained here, was the comunication between CA PPM Server and JASPER Server.

The log on PPM server was throwing the messages:

Error - cannot find keystore file of type : jks

Error - cannot find keystore file of type : properties

When I generated the keystore files with the command "admin jaspersoft keystore" the console throwed the messages:

WARN: Keystore not generated in META-INF/reporting/store directory.

Error in saving keystore files in Database

The problem was the organization name filled in the CSA configuration.

I saw that if you put a organization name in lowercase and uppercase mixed, when you generate the keystore with the command "admin jaspersoft keystore" it fails and throws the warning and error message. I supose it can not copy the keystore to the database (I don't know if it is a bug) and this is why it throws the messages saying that it cannot find keystore.

The solution for me was put an organization name in lowercase and generate the keystore again with command "admin jaspersoft keystore". This time when generates the keystore files it does not throw any warning or error message and then the communication between PPM server and JASPER server it is ok, the log does not show errors of keystore files.

I hope this answer can help someone with the same problem